Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Meme...books...more books

So I didn't technically get memefied, but Bonnie at Of Socks and Men challenged anyone who would do it, to do so...So WTH?

1. One book that changed your life? The Diary of Anne Frank. It inspired me to write a diary and then, years later, a blog. And we all know diaries, and blogs are cheap therapy.

2. One book you have read more than once? Circle of Friends by Maeve Binchy. I just like it for some reason.

3. One book you would want on a desert island? How to get off a Desert Island. Oh, well maybe not. Depends on if I'm there alone or with my family. Anywho. Just a book to read on the island...I'd want Circle of Friends because it's somewhat long, and I like it.

4. One book that made you laugh? Walter the Farting Dog (have to agree there Bonnie) Seriously, I laughed so hard I cried. Real tears. In streams down my face. I may have issues with crude humor. So I'm not a classy girl.

5. One book that made you cry? Walter the Farting Dog (see above), but also You Shouldn't Have to Say Goodbye by Patricia Hermes. It's a pre-teen/teen book that I read as a pre-teen and remembered pretty vividly. The main character is a teen who learns her Mom is dying of cancer. I just bought it off Barnes and Noble through a private dealer since it's out of print. I read it again as an adult and still cried, maybe more since I am a Mom.

6. One book you wish had been written? Another book by LaVeryle Spencer. I love her books, but she retired. She's a MN author, so I might be biased there, but still, great books. (Not intellectual, just fun reading...)

7. One book you wish had never been written? The Diary of Anne Frank just because of what she had to go through . . .

8. One book you are currently reading? I am reading Ella in Bloom by Shelby Hearon. And How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish.

9. One book you have been meaning to read? I have a stack.


So now I'm going to do some tagging...You know you're going to get it, don't you? You. You. oh and YOU! I can't wait for the perspective from the last tag...it has to be interesting. Just because.

4 people like me!:

Amy said...

No. 3 made me laugh. Too funny and soooo true! :) Cool meme.

Kara said...

I'll have to check out the farting dog one! I always laugh at that stuff too!! I may be a little behind on the times..... what is meme??

Sandy said...

Hey, thanks for the tag! I will try to post mine tomorrow.

Bonnie B said...

Walter all the way-- that is as close as I will coem to actually owning a dog.

I also have to agree on Anne Frank and Circle of Friends-- loved both of them , especially Anne Frank

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs