Thursday, August 16, 2012

Do You Like Corn?

Thank goodness for our city's Tuesday afternoon farmer's market. I love fresh fruits and veggies, but can never seem to get my butt out of bed and ready for the world in time to attend the Saturday morning farmer's market. The Tuesday market is smaller, but that's okay for me since my attention span for shopping for this type of thing is pretty small.

We usually plant tomatoes in our garden, but we skipped the garden this year (good year to skip with the lack of rain and record heat!) so my purchases at the market included tomatoes, peas, corn, raspberries and even some cheese curds.

I love supporting local entrepreneurs plus it is great fresh produce. We bought 12 ears of corn (that were delicious, btw!) for only $4. Local, fresh-picked raspberries are far superior to any I've ever bought in a store. The store ones are too gritty for me.

I would love to be able to pick my own raspberries and blueberries year-round. D especially loves them. We could go bankrupt keeping her up with her berry habit!

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs