Thursday, April 16, 2009

This Title is Ready For SEO Whatever That Means

I started this blog almost 3 years ago on a whim. I have not given much thought to promoting my blog or SEO (which I had to ask on Twitter what it even was). I write because I like to write.

My voice on this blog is scattered. One day I will write something humorous. The next I might write something tender. The next? Mundane. I think it actually echoes life. Perhaps it is not the "right" way to blog (much like I do not use Twitter "properly" according to many).

I suppose I blog the way I parent. My own wrong way. I will read what the "experts" say and take a grain or two of the wisdom, yet do what I want or what I think is best, regardless of the recommendations otherwise.

Lately I haven't been able to get many words from my brain to my fingertips here. I am grateful that you still show up here. I am trying to enjoy my kids and appreciate my life and not worry about the blog. I will still flounder and post things here even as I realize that I do not have much to say. I write this blog for me, for my kids, for my family...and for anyone out there who finds even the slightest bit of joy in reading my words.

But I still hope that I can get back in the writing groove.

8 people like me!:

Jen S. said...

You and I have very similar methods of blogging and tweeting.

And that's OK.

I have no idea what SEO is, either.

Pam said...

Ditto on the clueless about SEO thingy. And I think blogging and tweeting is what we want it to be - mostly I'm doing it for my family and friends that I don't get to see too often b/c of physical distance.

for a different kind of girl said...

There are right and wrong ways to Tweet? Now I'm a little paranoid that I'm probably doing something very wrong there!

Also, I have no idea what SEO is!

You have darling kids to spend time with. That's all that matters, above blogging, above whatever. When the desire to write strikes, we're always around.

louann said...

I agree with everyone else who left a comment. We often go through "dry seasons" of blogging. I know you will get your groove back =)

Damselfly said...

I say just be yourself! :) The people who matter appreciate you (and your blog) the way you are.

Madeline said...

You'll get there! I say doing your own thing is the way to go. By the way, what is SEO, and is there really a right way to twitter???

chelle said...

I think both blogging and parenting the only right way is the way you do it and feel good about it.

psshhaa what anyone else thinks. Live it, Love it.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

You do a great job of posting. There are no rules in blogging. Whatever a person does is what a person does. It's that simple.

I only wish I could post (and visit) as often as you do. Keep up the good work. :-)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs