Sunday, November 11, 2007

I hate clothes

Apparently fat people are not supposed to be pregnant. I'm not even that big, I don't think. Imagine the trouble I'd have if I hadn't lost the 20 pounds that I have.

So I'm nearing week 12 of my pregnancy. My jeans are beginning to get tight. My little pregnancy book tells me that the munchkin will be tripling in size each week starting next week. Or something like that. To tell you the truth I didn't read it that closely. I just saw tripling in size and panicked that I have no maternity pants that fit me anymore. I was thinner when I was pregnant with M and K. 20 pounds thinner.

The panic sent me out clothes shopping. Yeah. Not one pair of maternity pants in big lady size in all of Rochester. At least not at the 7 stores that I have looked in.

So I'm left with ordering online from Old Navy and hoping that I like what comes. I hate spending $32 for a pair of maternity jeans, but I guess I have to. It's that or go naked until May. I have a hunch that several people would frown upon the naked option. Things might be a bit awkward at church too.

7 people like me!:

S said...

Argh, what a pain.

Have you tried the rubber band trick? Take a pair of jeans that fit you, but don't do up the snap/button. Wrap a rubber band around the fastener (each side).

I know it's makeshift, but it served me well for quite a few weeks.

Sandy said...

I hear ya. Maternity clothes suck anyhow -- way overpriced, super-low quality....and then to deal with that. It stinks.

I did a lot of JCPenney. I seem to remember finding a lot of tops at Kohl's too.

Amanda said...

I am a huge fan of Yoga type pants worn slightly below the belly, then they transition so well to the awkward weeks and months after the baby comes. I feel your pain about the online shopping. I bought some size mediums from Gap online. Apparently my shoulders are an XL. I look like I tried to make princess sleeves. It's ridiculous and too much of a pain to send them back or drive to the next town to get to a Gap. Grrr.

You know Fashion Bug does maternity now, and they have sized ranging from pygmy to plus and everything in between.

Alex Elliot said...

I had a hard time too with both of my pregnancies with the pants. I ended up getting a few pairs of sweat pants and yoga pants from J Jill and I wore them through the whole pregnancy.

Kara said...

My advice is similar to all the other comments-- skip the actual maternity pants and go for anything stretchy...it will save money and then you can also wear them post-prego. Drawstring are good too for those awkward weeks before you pop.

Congrats on almost being in the second trimester!

Damselfly said...

I hated clothes when I was pregnant, too. Mostly because I hardly had enough energy to get dressed.

tracey.becker1@gmail.com said...

Sweetie, try Ebay. You can get lots of clothing, which may or may not ALL appeal to you, but at least you'll be getting more than one or two outfits. And just type in the sizes you're looking for.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs