Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Another Era about to end...

The time is fast approaching that my little Destructo-Boy can no longer be called little. Well, he might have stubby little legs and still fit into some 24 month clothes, but, truth be told, he's almost a "preschooler." (And he will be attending preschool in September, just like his big sister did.)

Ack. That's almost as painful to write as the Kindergarten stuff about my daughter.

Where has the time gone?

K has abandoned his beloved ginkie without much fuss. Oh, he's asked for it a few times, but not nearly as often as I'd anticipated.

He's been attempting to give up naps for the last few weeks. He'll nap about every third day now. Argh. I'm not ready for him to give them up, but he has already napped for longer than his sister did so I guess I should stop complaining.

And this afternoon, to add insult to injury, he's figured out how to climb out of his crib. I guess those stubby legs aren't as stubby as I thought. Sigh. That means we'll have to retire the crib. No crib in our house anymore. Gah!

3 people like me!:

Sandy said...

It's not fair, is it? The other day I came to this same realization, and it made me feel really melancholy.

And the worst part? I know that I do more for them because I refuse to make this growing-up stuff easy for them. I just want them to stay little forever.

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Uh oh, I'm hearing mommy urges. Quick Craig, join the "V" squad while you still can!

Kara said...

I was just thinking that it is time for you to have another baby, right?? Ha!

I'm going through some of the same changes with J..... he's not far behind K. Doesn't quite make the preschool cut for next year though since he's a Nov. baby.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs