Thursday, September 14, 2006

Random thoughts # 6

It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small, small world!

Seriously, it is. I just discovered tonight that Jeff at View From the Cloud and my husband are clients at work. They sort of know one another. How Effing weird is that? I mean really, can't I blog in private on the internet? Ha ha ha ha...

But even weirder yet, I had a comment on a previous post from someone I knew many years ago. I gave him a little test first to see if it was really him, and so far, he seems legit. So what are the odds that that little boy that I used to chase around the playground, pin down and kiss so many years ago would google his name and find my little old blog? I'm going to delete his comment for his privacy so you won't see it now...only because he posted his email and I don't want to draw attention to his email...

Other random stuff:

We have bees coming in our house. Luckily (I think) they are coming in on the lower level so we can close a door to make sure they don't come up to the main living area. Great, bees. The cat is pissed because her litter box and food are in the area of the bees so she's been confined downstairs for 2 days. She's currently sulking at the back of the room, pretending she doesn't want to be with me.
_________________________________
I finally got to meet with the principal of the school I want M to go to next year, and the meeting solidified my feeling that this is the school for her. Now we wait to see if she gets in...since they only take 45 kids. They try to reinforce positive behavior and give kids slips of paper commending them for positive things. They get to save them up and "buy" prizes, and sometimes get t-shirts or school pins for just being good. Totally a motivation I see could work wonders for M.

The school year starts at the end of July, around the 26-28th. And it ends in around June 7. With the breaks in between.

During the tour, 4 little girls from one of the 3 kindergarten rooms wanted to read a story to the principal. So, they came and found us, (with one of the paraprofessionals) and proceeded to read, in unison, a 6 page book. I admit I got a bit teary eyed. But you probably know by now that I am a big crybaby. I also got teary when the principal described what the teachers do the last day of school: They line up in the hall and clap for the kids. (sniffle, sniffle.)

Come on, admit it you'd tear up too, right? Or not? Wow. Hormones, so not my friends. Can you imagine what I'm like pregnant? Not a pretty sight. And no, I'm not. Thanks.
_________________________________

I'm continuing on my exercise bike trek, the last 2 days I've biked for 30 minutes at 16-18 mph for the whole time. Too bad my butt is still extra extra large. But, hey, I'm trying.

_________________________________

My brother and I have been trying to get a bulk rate to send our kids to China, but have been unsuccessful. Really, there are 3 boys and 1 girl, I thought they wanted boys over there? The little farts just don't listen and are generally brats. Then they do something sweet like give me a kiss and/or a hug and I feel like a terrible Mommy for thinking such things.

Then I had a nightmare the other night of something happening to one of them and felt even worse.

Seriously, I would go insane if anything happened to either one of them. If they don't drive me insane first, of course.

_________________________________

It's a small world after all, it's a small world after all, it's a small, small world!

Really, you didn't think I'd let you get away without that song in your head, did you????

4 people like me!:

Bonnie B said...

Wow an old friend found your blog-- how cool!

Maybe if we all gathered up our kids we could get a bulk rate to China-- I've got three girls. But as much as they make my hair fall out, I think I'd miss them eventually. No I'd miss them. WHo would kick meout of bed at night?

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Yeah, thanks for the tune. Like I needed that in my head today! I just emailed your husband. I was out for lunch when he called. Funny how things like that happen.

Now excuse me while I climb into my little boat and float through a tunnel while little puppets scream "It's A Small World" at me in 40 different languages!

Sandy said...

It's true what they say about six degrees of separation! Something similar happened to me this summer during our park playdates. While chatting with Kim, I discovered that she is the step-sister of Kurt's longtime college girlfriend. I think it freaked him out just a tiny bit!
As for the school thing, it does sound really nice...I have to get my butt in gear and check it out.

Kara said...

On your random thought about biking-- way to go on being consistent! You'll have rock hard legs in no time! :)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs