Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Random Thoughts #5

I have a sort of eclectic amount of thoughts in my head tonight so I guess that's what my "random thoughts" posts are all about.

Our visit to the local mall:

I took my kids to the mall yesterday afternoon, partly to shop for a couple of baby gifts for friends that I forgot to buy on my trip to the outlet mall on Sunday, and partly to let them play in the new soft play area there. I found a couple of gifts at Gymboree, that weren't too astronomical in price, and were cute.

So, I took the kids to the play area. There were a couple of grandmotherly type women standing outside the area. I didn't think much about it, and let my kids go play. Soon, I realized that these women were talking to a boy who I couldn't see from where I was standing. Turned out he was a 9-year-old boy with Down's Syndrome. He was at the play area alone. These women kept him talking (they'd already been down to the mall information booth to let them know that there was a lost boy at the play area.) One of the ladies had an 18-year-old daughter with DS. She had trouble understanding the boy, and said things like "I know, my daughter gets frustrated with me too. It's not you, it's me."

About 10 minutes after I was there I heard a woman exclaim "Michael!" and come in the area and hug him tightly. I got teary-eyed. His Mom was so scared for him. It's easy to judge and say well, how could she have lost him, but we all know how fast kids move. I cried a few tears for that Mom last night, because I know I would feel terrible if I lost one of my kids. I also cried because I could understand her tearful relief.

K, the stud muffin:

I have to say I'm a little disappointed that I haven't gotten any bids on the man. I mean, come on, look at him. He's pretty cute.

INXS:

I finally bought myself the CD INXS-Switch. I just have to say that there is something inherently wrong with hearing your 4-year-old daughter singing "Hot Girls!" with glee. Today, K joined in, singing "Hot Girl!" Why do they have to sing this particular song?

Similarly, Rockstar: SuperNova:

Yeah, so I watch reality tv. Sue me. Apparently I like watching mind-numbing crap. I'm just saying, I watched Rockstar:INXS and picked J.D. almost right away (I didn't start watching right away.) So, I'll venture my picks for winner of SuperNova. Man: Magni, Woman: DeLaina.

So, if it's really coming out...Big Brother:

I watch this too. I'm not proud of it. But I have to say...at least I'm not as obsessed with it as I was last year. I'm improving...

Enough rambling for tonight.

I get to go out for Mom's Night Out tomorrow night at the Olive Garden. I love their soup...whatever that sausage and potato soup thing is called. It's yummy. Plus I get to see my friends, and meet a new friend. What more could I ask for??

2 people like me!:

Sandy said...

I once lost Annika for a few minutes at the library. When I found her, I had to sit down and bawl IN THE LIBRARY...it was very traumatic!

I watch TV too, and Kurt always gives me crap about it...

As long as I'm confessing, I'll go even further and admit my favorite pooper shows are So You Think You Can Dance and Project Runway...

See ya at Olive Garden tonight!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Olive Garden DOES sound good. Love the breadsticks and endless antipasta salad. I could feast on just that alone!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs