Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Just another day in Paradise...

So I lost count last night how many times M emptied her already empty stomach. I am, however, happy that it was not her Dad that was emptying his stomach. If you have not heard a man puke, count yourself lucky. That is one good thing about him being gone this week.

Finally, about 11 o'clock last night, after approximately 6 phone calls to my Mom asking advice on what I could do for my ailing daughter, M let me give her some liquid ibuprofen and she kept it down. I left her on the living room floor for another hour, just to watch her and make sure she wasn't going to evacuate the medicine. Of course about the time that I decided she would be okay to go to bed a big thunderstorm rolled in. So between the power going out intermittently for only long enough to F with the AC, and M waking up only enough to whimper before falling asleep again, I didn't sleep very well.

On the plus side, I must mention that Mr Echo, since he refused his nap yesterday, was sleeping by 6:15. And pretty much slept all night. Yippee.

On the crappy side, I got my period last night, along with some lovely cramps. Nice. When I was a pre-teen and teen I used to get such terrible cramps that I got violently sick. The school nurse got to the point where she'd just look at me and point to a bed and give me a bucket. "I'll call your mom." I lived close enough that I would just walk home when I felt like I could possibly make it there. These cramps are nothing like that anymore, but still not fun.

And speaking of crappy, K was pretty much peeing out his butt this afternoon. Not fun. So I guess his stomach thing is affecting the other end. Hope it's just those 2 times...

M was insisting she was all better today, but fell asleep on the living room floor at 6:50 this evening. So maybe not ALL better, but at least keeping things in her tummy.

I hope all bodily fluids are in their correct forms and go in their correct places tomorrow. I have Bunco, and I don't want to miss it. HA!

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs