Wednesday, July 12, 2006

My kids are spoiled....

I realized yesterday that my kids are really spoiled, although I've always known it. They have 563,892 toys. Each of them. Soon to be more after their party on Saturday. And I really looked at my kids' closets as I was putting their laundry away. They have entirely too many clothes. It really is ridiculous. I justify it to myself that I bought stuff on sales or clearance really cheap, but really, why do I think they need this many clothes???

M's closet. It's bigger than my and Craig's. And this does not include PJs, socks, undies, tights, shoes, "working clothes" (for when her Dad and her are getting good and dirty/greasy), or swimsuits.
K's closet. The same size as my and Craig's. Also doesn't include the stuff mentioned above (minus the tights).

I, on the other hand, have 4 pairs of shorts that I am always washing. And 4 sleeveless tops for when it's really hot. And it's been hot, and soon to be really hot. The problem is, I hate paying for clothes for me. I hardly ever find really great deals (although I have found shorts at Old Navy for 97 cents) but when I do, it spoils me for the okay deals. I want every pair of shorts to cost only $1. I should probably stop buying the kids so many things and spend that money on clothes for me...but I just don't look as cute as they do.

2 people like me!:

Kurt Schroeder said...

I don't buy clothes for myself either. I went for 2 weeks at IBM wearing a pair of jeans with a rip in EACH knee. My mom and Sandy buy all my clothes I am happy/sad to day.

Sandy said...

Yeah, it's a big joke in our house that Kurt and I have all this space in our closet because we own NOTHING. I am too cheap, I guess...
It's funny, though, because I don't give a second thought to buying for Annika. It must be the cuteness factor.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs