Monday, July 10, 2006

birthday party preps

I am still around, just frantically trying to get everything together for the kids' birthday party.

My mom is off from work this week so we decided to go to IKEA...and my dad even came along. It went relatively well. M played in the play area, and loved it. But they only let them stay for 1 hour, so she did have to shop a bit. K isn't potty trained so he couldn't go in.

I got some things for organizing our massive (children's) DVD collection and for our increasing number of computer CDs and DVDs. And some other organizing things...and 2 bowls for our cat so we don't have to use people dishes when we go away for the weekend (they were 25 cents each). Other junk too, but you probably don't care.

Amma bought M a stuffed dragon, and K got a wooden crane toy. They both love their new toys...at least so far.

And then we went to the MOA to eat lunch, at 3 pm. Oops. A little late. I'm surprised the kids were as good as they were.

But even before we left I had that Mommy guilt. A friend had called yesterday to invite us to play today. I've had to say no pretty much every time she's called to ask us to do something, because we've had other things going...I know she'll stop inviting us soon...but I hope she doesn't. Some day it will work for us to get the kids together, right?

And I got our mail before we left. An invite. To a birthday party. The day after my kids'. And for a friend M did not invite to hers. (Even though she had to pick only 4 friends.) I feel terrible, but you have to set limits, right? So, we'll go to this friend's party, and hope there are no hurt feelings if M mentions her party. I'm probably over-thinking and being overly-sensitive to people who probably don't care if they're invited to my kid's party or not, but that's just how I am. Deal with it. (Have I mentioned that I'm a big cry-baby?)

Anyway...on to continue making photo movies for the party of my adorable kids...that no one will want to watch...but relatives will be forced to watch! Ha ha. Hahahhahhahhhahahha.

1 people like me!:

Sandy said...

I LOVE IKEA!!!
We usually make a day of it and eat lunch in the cafeteria there (the food is really tasty and really cheap) while the kids play.

I really love it because it's super kid-friendly.

We got invited to both parties too, so it'll be a big birthday weekend!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs