Thursday, July 27, 2006

I'm it! My first tag...

I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I got my first tag to do a blog entry! The very talented SuperMommy has tagged me to answer HBM's Mupproustian interview. SuperMommy is just that, Super...and a Mommy. Find out how she is faster than a stick wielding child, more powerful than a screaming toddler, AND able to leap over multiple pieces of playground equipment to rescue a dangling four-year-old at her blog. You'll only be sorry that she doesn't write more often.

1) What is the quality you most admire in a blogger?

The ability to tell a story with honesty, heart, and humor. I find myself not wanting to click on blogger's links because I get sucked into reading another great blog. I spend way too much time reading blogs when I should be doing laundry...ha. I love reading blogs and finding myself thinking "I feel the same way!" or, "That happened to me too!" There are so many writers out there that make me laugh. And I need a laugh most days.

2) What is your most marked blogging characteristic (or, how would you describe your blog)?

I used to write journals. As a kid, as a teen and a little bit as an adult. I always found writing down my thoughts cathartic. Besides an emotional release for me, I tended to write as though to a future reader...and wondered what that reader would think of what I wrote. My blog lets me combine those needs. I get to write about things and get a release...and find out what some of my readers think about what I write. I'm a comment junkie. I sometimes will read comments over and over...amazed that someone took the time to read what I wrote...AND comment on it.

3) What is your greatest virtue as a blogger (what do you most like about your blog)?

I write about my real life. Nothing is made up. It all really happened.

4) What do you regard as the principle defect of your blog?

I write about my real life. Nothing is made up.

5) What character of fiction do you most wish had a blog?

This is a hard one for me. I have read so many books, but can't remember any character that really stands out for me at the moment. How about Mama Berenstain? Or maybe Caillou's Mom. I'd like to know how Caillou's Mom and Dad stay perpetually calm and never lose it with their 4 year old or 2 year old. I'd really like to see one of them really lose it big time in an episode or book.

6) What historical or real life person do you most wish had a blog?

I would be interested in a blog by Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Mainly I'd like to know how she put up with all the things she did. (Infidelity, lying, living in the limelight) How she raised 2 children in difficult (emotional) circumstances.

7) What is your present state of blog (present state of mind as a blogger)?

I'm still pretty new at this blog thing, and still learning about all things blog. But I'm having fun. I'm not the most outgoing person IRL, and often don't say much. This is my place to say all the things I wish I was outgoing enough to say. Blog life is good.

8) What is your blog motto?

I guess it's "A SAHM, 2 kids, 1 hubby, random thoughts" but I'm pretty sure that isn't really a motto. It just says who I am...and I tend to have a lot of random thoughts...


WHEW! I did it! And it wasn't that painful...Now I need to tag someone...and I'm going to reach out to someone I don't know at all! How about you? Come on, you can play too...can't you?

3 people like me!:

Bonnie B said...

Blogging is a great way to connect with the outside world. It's my midnight therapy session after everyone is asleep.

I'm pretty new at this blog thing too. I really want a new template.

Amy said...

Yay! This was great. I laughed out loud at no. 4. Keep it up!

Sandy said...

You're answers rocked! I was so with you on the Caillou's parents thing...it's one of the reasons I cannot watch that show. "Oh, you just painted the cat, Caillou, and now you've been whining about being bored for the past 20 minutes of the show? It's okay, honey. You're antics are just so cute!" (gag me!)

Thanks for playing!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs