Saturday, July 29, 2006

Destructo-Boy had a birthday...

My baby boy is now 2 years old. At 8:45 this morning, as I was still slumbering in bed (Hubby letting me sleep in since he'll be gone for a week!) my baby turned into a little boy. Wow, these years really seem to fly by.

Like his sister, every year on, or around his birthday I try to take photos of him. He wears an old polo shirt of my Dad's. I say try, because he's not the most cooperative subject in the world. Which is a shame since he's so darn cute...

This is when he turned one. He REFUSED to stand and made his legs all jelly-like. Hence, the sitting pose, and the scowl on his face.
These are this year. A bit better. At least he's standing and there's a pleasant look on his face!

Today was hot. Really hot. So, while we had planned on taking our little fishing boat out for a ride, that just wasn't practical, given the heat. Instead we hid in the house, with 2 short excursions out. First, we went to Wal-mart. What a dream that had to be for a 2 year old boy on his birthday. Oh well. We needed milk. Then we took the kids to get McDonald's for lunch. So the kids each got a Happy Meal that had little notebooks and pencils in them. They both thought they were pretty cool. Then we went home for K's nap. He napped with Dad in his parents' big bed. After nap, we went for ice cream.

Let me clarify, FREE ice cream. You see, the kind folks at Cold Stone Creamery have set up this birthday club that you sign up for. On your birthday, they send you a coupon for a FREE Love It size ice cream. The coupons are good for 2 weeks after your bday, so I had M's still also. One of the good things about having their birthdays one week apart. Of course, the Love It size is waaaaay too big for a little kid, so we did buy them each a kid creation ($1.50 each) and Craig and I each got a Love It size for free. Once again, it was yummy. Even more yummy because it was (did I mention?) FREE.

Okay so I got side-tracked. (But K really enjoyed picking the M&Ms out of his chocolate ice cream...and getting it all over himself.)

We ended the day with some VSmile video games in the AC, and Daddy grilled beef kabob and made his special potatoes. Both kids ate a bunch of the potatoes. I guess they think they're pretty good too.

K rocked a bit, then he went in his crib for ni-night.

Happy Birthday Little Man. I love you.

2 people like me!:

Sandy said...

That birthday club rocks! We went a few weeks ago for the boys' birthday. We requested 3 extra kid cups, and we managed to divy up the free ice cream between the 5 of us!

K and M look adorable in those shirts...what a great idea! I wish I'd done that for my kids.

Jaime said...

Shoot, I was so hoping to see K in a dress! We took a picture of Kiana in the bowl of Halloween candy when she was 8 days old so I tried to do that again last year. She would have none of it and I ended up with a very crabby picture of her sitting next to the bowl. Oh well - cute pictures! Happy b-day K!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs