Thursday, June 29, 2006

Vacation posts...Fini

The last one...really...I think anyway. Unless I can't get the last 4 photos to load into this post...then there might be 1 more.

The week was fun, and tiring, and relatives all got on one another's nerves. One of my cousins got sick on friday and was in bed with a 104 fever. K kept drinking lake water and got the poops.
M never lets me put "pretties" in her hair at home, but all week she let my Aunt do her hair in cute braids. She had to walk to the other end of the resort for her "hair appointment" every morning, but she was happy to do it. Now that we're home...no more "pretties" again.

I slept in a bedroom with K all week (M too part of the week). K was in his Pack-and-Play, and every morning would wake up, stand up and say "Mommy?" Then I would hear some rustling and then a thunk as K climbed out of the "crib". Then he would climb into bed with me, snuggle in and go back to sleep. I miss that.

The drive home was excruciatingly long because my mom wanted to stop at the local meat market and my Aunt wanted to stop in Nisswa on the way. We (Craig and I) thought it would be a short stop in Nisswa...half hour or so...I think we were there for 2 hours. We finally told them we'd meet them later for lunch.

At the meat market though, they were having customer appreciation days and were giving away free brats. Yum. They were good. They were also giving free horse rides. M the daredevil was the only kid brave enough to do it...her first time on a horse. (And I missed it because I was in the store buying wieners and sausage.) Oh well.



In Nisswa, I looked in a couple of shops, bought M and K and myself each a little turtle at a store called The Painted Turtle (not real turtles), and pretty much was ready to get going again within 20 minutes. K pooped, so Craig took him back to the van to change him while M and I bought some mini-donuts and she got to watch them being made. Excitement.

They had a real caboose there that we took the kids into to look since they're both train obsessed. Craig actually wanted the camera and took a photo of me and the kids.

They also had a little wooden train that the kids had fun climbing on. We took this picture of our "animals" in the cattle car:

And then the kids were a bit tired so after lunch they both took a little nap:

Note the bruises...K has one by his eye. M has one under her chin. Must mean they played hard on vacation.

Darn it...can't get the rest of the photos to post. I'll have to fix it when I get back from the in-laws.

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs