Thursday, June 29, 2006

Top 5 songs that give me goosebumps

These are my top 5 songs that give me goosebumps...or make me tear up...or both. Every time.

Honorable Mention: Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo`ole. There's a reason they put in in TV shows when something sad happens. I had to buy his album because of this song...and the whole album makes me feel like I'm in Hawaii, even when it's the middle of winter.

5. Baby Mine. From Dumbo. Don't know why...it's just such a sweet, haunting song.

4. Love, Me. Collin Raye. I heard this song on the radio shortly after my grandmother passed away. 'Nuff said.

3. Home to You. John Michael Montgomery. It was "our song" at our wedding. I was working at a very stressful job when we got married. The song seemed to say it all.

2. Then They Do. Trace Adkins. I have never been able to listen to this song without getting a big lump in my throat. But, I am a big baby.

1. Held. Natalie Grant. If you haven't heard it, find it. Listen. Have tissues handy.

2 people like me!:

Sandy said...

I agree wholeheartedly. In fact, the Somewhere Over the Rainbow song is part of a video Kurt made using footage of Annika's baby years. I love it!
I also love Martina McBride's "In My Daughter's Eyes." I think about my kids when I hear it, and I think about my dad too.

Heather said...

Oh I knew I was forgetting at least one great one. I cried when I heard her sing that on the Today show when it was first released.

But, again, I am a big baby.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs