Wednesday, June 28, 2006

More vacation...hee hee hee Part 4 the water slide

So I've officially become the blog equivalent of Aunt Bertha showing her home movies ad nauseum. Ha Ha Ha hee hee. Bwwwahhhhaaahhhaaaahaa! You will read and see my photos and you will like it!!!

Seriously, I'm nearing the end. I think. Probably 1 more after this, then I'm done and Aunt Bertha will put away the vacation photos until next year.

I left you hanging about that waterslide and our daredevil daughter. All week long we tried to talk her into going down it. My Aunts (both of them) even went down it to show the kids it was okay. Let's just say my Aunts aren't youngsters anymore. (And I mean that in the nicest possible way.) One of my Aunts had a brain aneurism in '89 and still has balance problems...she went down the slide. My Dad went down the slide...several times. I won't disclose his accurate age...but we'll say he's able to collect his social security. No go for Miss M. Everyone offered to go down with her (except Amma...she wasn't going down that slide for anyone either.)

So you get the idea. We talked up that ride down the slide all week. I told her I KNEW that she would like it. She knows Mommy doesn't lie. Still no way.

Friday, Craig talked her into going up the ladder to the platform at the top of the slide. They stood up there and talked about it, waved at the rest of us...what have you. Then Craig gave me the inquisitive signal....should he force her down? Me, being the bad Mommy I am (But I KNEW she would like it if she went) gave the go-ahead signal. So he grabbed her. She was screaming "No Daddy! No!" The rest of the people on the beach were convinced we were child abusers. She went down the slide with her Daddy. "Let's do it again Daddy! That was SUPER, SUPER, SUPER fun!!"
Once again, Mommy is right. I think M went down that slide about 20 times. And she was wishing she'd done it sooner in the week, just like I told her she would.

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs