Monday, June 17, 2019

Senior Moments

So it turns out this kid is going to be a senior in high school next year. Hold me.

I'm not sure how this happened because I am still 29 and I didn't have babies until I was married.

She doesn't give herself enough credit. She's so smart and level-headed that I don't worry about her future. She knows what she wants and won't jump through hoops for people who don't recognize her awesomeness. If she loves you, you are lucky. She won't deal with your bullshit.

If she calls you her friend, she will do whatever you need to be happy. There are not many who fit this bill. I jokingly called her the softball Uber, because she would give rides to teammates who needed a lift home. She chose to help only the nicest girls. Or only the nicest girls asked her for help. She'd probably still help the not-so-nice-ones because she's that awesome.

I remember her telling me that in 5th grade the teacher asked whose parents had talked to them about sex and M was one of the few who raised a hand. It wasn't just me answering questions but her willingness to ask. When she was a toddler, she offered all the parents at our play date a bottle of water. She's more confident than she thinks.

I've worried about her in the past, but honestly this girl has it under control. If only I had had my shit together like this my Junior/Senior year.

I think she will avoid the mistakes I have made. So far, she has. She is smarter than I am. I think that's fantastic.

I love her sense of humor. I love her face. I love watching her play softball (That is over I guess. Sad face.).

This girl is on fire.

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs