Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Goodbye Elementary School

Today is Ms. D's last day of elementary school. All of my kids are out of elementary school! It feels strange to have older kids, but it also feels fantastic. I miss the babies they were, but I am also enjoying the young adults they are becoming.

D is sad to be leaving her elementary school, just as her siblings were. It's a great school. The atmosphere when you enter the building has always exuded a welcoming vibe. We were lucky to be able to send our kids to this "choice" school that always has a lottery drawing and wait list to get in. It has an alternate schedule from the rest of the school district with 45 days in school, then 15 days off. Then they had 6 weeks off for summer break. We enjoyed the schedule. It was always a relief to have a break during the school year.

Now we will all be on the same schedule though (since I work at a school as well) and that will be good for us all. Finally we will all have 3 months of summer together. (Except Craig, unfortunately, who continues his regular work since he doesn't work in a school like I do.)

Miss M brought up the "Fun Box" the other day and wondered where it was. I'm not sure I can find it, but we might just resurrect it for this summer. Let the fun begin!

1 people like me!:

Deborah said...

Love your blog!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs