Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine Vignettes

 Miss M didn't fill out any Valentine's for the first time. One of her friends brought her a Valentine though, and she got plenty of Valentines from her parents and grandparents.
.............................

D filled out her Valentines the day she brought home her class list which was more than a week before Valentine's Day. She was pumped to participate this year. She insisted on filling in her friends' names and her own name in the "from" spot. I was allowed to place the tattoos in the spots provided. We got to her teacher's Valentine and she chose the design carefully. Then I began to spell out her teacher's name slowly, just as I had for all the students' names in the class. 

"M...R....S..." She cut me off there with a stern look.

"Mommy!" she reprimanded. "Her name is Kim. I am just going to write Kim."

How ridiculous of me to think she'd write out a whole last name when she could write 3 letters!

....................................

K Man was like Mr. Incredible of the Valentine world this year.

Me: Don't you think you should start writing your Valentine's? This is Monday and Valentine's Day is on Friday.

Him: I've still got time.

Me: Okay it's Tuesday now so you only have tonight, tomorrow night and Thursday to write out the Valentines.

Him: I've still got time.

Me: Okay so Valentine's Day is tomorrow. It's 4:30 now and you go to bed at 8. We should probably get those Valentines written out.

Him: I've still got time.

We finally compromised and he wrote his name on 25 Valentines. No names in the "to" box. Still a lot of writing for the boy with dysgraphia...which is why I wanted him to start earlier so he could spread out the time. But, you know, he still had time.


.......................................

 Happy Valentine's Day!

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs