- My husband took 3 days off from work last week to attempt to finish K Man's new bedroom. He's moving into M's old room, who moved into the old master bedroom. K is officially sleeping in there and 80 percent of his stuff has been moved. It looks pretty awesome. I hope he can keep it nice for at least a week. ::holds breath::
- The predictions for a huge winter storm yesterday fell short here and I'm a little disappointed. Why? Because I'm weird. Because I was prepared and didn't need to go anywhere. Because I kind of like the idea of "thunder snow." (We were treated to a few bursts of thunder though.) Because I've spent most of my life in Minnesota and heard all these stories of the winter storms and mostly I've not experienced it.
- I've found some great clearance deals in the last week or so and love it. $3 fabric storage totes for the kids' room? Fabulous! These have been great for the reorganizing of K's junk so far...and I got 2 bins each for M and K as well. I confess I have a storage bin/box addiction.
- I finally got my "new" bread machine (bought it about a year ago!) to bake a decent loaf of bread. This is a wonderful development for me. I loved my old bread machine and used it all the time. ::moment of silence for the death of the beloved bread machine::
- Laughter and smiles are much preferred to yelling and fighting and there has been much more laughter around here in the last week or so. I LOVE IT.
- One of my biggest pet peeves are people who dish it out but can't take it. If you are condescending or insult me outright I will do the same to you. And generally I won't lose sleep over it.
- ::deep breaths:: ::deep breaths::
- I love making my kids laugh with silly things. Laughter is good.
I'm also writing at Midwest Parents this week. Come visit me? Pretty please?