Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Great Zebra Family Get Together Part 5

It rained this morning. Early. I got up to use the restroom and could hear the steady patter of drops outside. I also heard the distinct sound of someone sleeping quite soundly. (Later found out it was one of my nephews.) Craig woke me up with a homemade bacon egg and cheese English muffin. I looked at M's twin bed next to mine and saw a lump covered by blankets. I tried to remove the blanket from over her head and woke her up. Guess that is the price I pay for making sure she can breathe.

We decided to head to Walker, MN for our yearly shopping excursion. It turned out to be the perfect day for it since it was cloudy and rainy all day. As we pulled in to town another car was leaving in just the perfect parking spot so we lucked out once again.

Shopping was good except for the fact that I had no stroller for Ms. D and had to carry her all day. Thankfully she is still fairly small and it didn't bother me too much to carry her. She is amiable most of the time. She started to get hungry so we went to one of the local cafes and ordered pizza. It took a while for the food to come so D kept telling us "EAT!" so we were assuming she was hungry. Thankfully the pizza was good and D got fed before she passed to the disagreeable point.

Back at the resort, there was no swimming. (The big kids tried but their lips quickly turned purple and the plug was pulled on any swimming.) Whenever there is a lack of swimming there is the other activity to turn to around here.

Lonely, lonely floaties. Oh wait. Here is how doors get fixed around here apparently. Woo hoo duct tape!
Craig and M went fishing together and M caught more fish than her dad. No keepers but fun for both.

Then Craig went out by himself and brought home 4 bass.



Another lovely view of the pink clouds.




Supper: Courtesy of my Aunt and Great Cousin. Hamburgers, hot dogs, beans, ham and pasta salad, chips and dip.
Fish (keepers): 4
Evening entertainment: ???? What happened to our evening entertainment?

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs