Monday, June 15, 2009

Creamy Pasta, Tomato and Crab Salad

This is one of my favorite salads. I make it mostly in the summer time and serve it with sandwiches on hot days. My kids will eat it most of the time, but they do occasionally tell me they don't like it and refuse to eat it. To which I say: "More for me!"

You will need: bow tie pasta (farfalle), tomatoes, imitation crab-chunk style, mayo (I use the light mayo) and Dijon mustard. For the sake of this recipe, I'll ballpark amounts but I do not measure typically.

Cook your farfalle pasta according to package directions. While your pasta is boiling, chop your tomatoes into small pieces. I like a lot of tomatoes, so if I'm making the whole box of pasta, I'd probably cut up 3 small tomatoes or 2 large ones.


When your pasta is done, drain the water and rinse the pasta in cool water to prevent it from sticking together.

Put the cool pasta in a large bowl and chunk one package of imitation crab meat into the bowl.

Toss in your tomatoes.

In a small bowl, mix together 2 cups of mayo and 2-3 tablespoons of Dijon mustard. Add more or less mayo and mustard to taste. Pour this mixture over the pasta, tomatoes and crab meat and mix well.

I think this salad tastes best cold, so I usually refrigerate for at least one half-hour before serving.


Enjoy!


11 people like me!:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Now I'm hungry! Amma

Marla said...

Sounds yummy, I will definately try it soon, maybe tonight!
Thanks

Anonymous said...

I love salads like this, but my wife hates making them. So, I guess I'm off to the store solo . . .

This looks delish!

Scribbit said...

Oh how I love the salads! This one looks sooooo good.

chelle said...

Mmmmmm that looks so YUMMY!
So need to make more salads this summer!

Amy said...

My sister said something about a snickers salad? Do you know how to make that? Crab is nice and all ... but snickers are vegan.

Right?

Heather said...

Alas, I think it was our friend Kara who made the Snickers salad.

But if it's imitation crab, that qualifies for vegan doesn't it? I say it does, so there you go.

Rebekah Gonzalez said...

oh my goodness... I am so hungry now... I think I will make that tomorrow night for dinner... thanks for the recipe!

Holly said...

Oh, YUM! I'm not even a crab person, but this sounds great.

Madeline said...

That sounds yummy and easy. Two very important things in mommy world!

Jen S. said...

That looks delicious!

What on earth do they put in "imitation crab"??

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs