Friday, January 16, 2009

Aweigh

So, about this weight loss thing. I'm thinking we'll just set a start date and go for it. I have a few people that have offered prizes so we'll just start with what we have and hope we get more offers as we go. Maybe you have something you'd like to contribute?

Here's what I'm thinking. This will be open to bloggers and non-bloggers. Bloggers can post a starting photo if they want so we can look back at the end of the challenge and see how much we've changed. Because we ARE going to change, right? If you're not a blogger, I'd still encourage you to take a photo for your starting point. If you want, you can email me your photo and I can post it here. I sometimes need something like that to keep me accountable.

Let's start on Monday January 26 for the official weight-loss challenge starting point. Take your photos on that day (or the Sunday before if that's easier). We'll weigh in on Fridays and post our weight loss (or gain, or no change) and percentage of weight lost here in the comments. We'll continue through May 1st as the last day and post our final results then. I hope to have a bigger grand prize for the person who loses the greatest percentage of weight. (In order to win the grand prize you'll need to participate and weigh-in at least 10 of the 14 weeks.) Or, I may just put all those who participate at least 10 weeks in the drawing. If I don't get a sponsor or sponsors for the grand prize, I will give away a gift card myself.

You do not need to post your actual weight (if you want to, feel free, but I won't be doing that!). We will use the honor system. The only person you're cheating is yourself if you fib. The person with the greatest percentage of weight lost each week will win a groovy button to show off. Everyone who weighs in will be in the drawing for the weekly prize (if I have enough prizes to do one every week.)

I'm hoping to figure out how to use Mr. Linky so you can link up your blogs here too. If you have a prize you'd like to donate, please contact me either here in the comments or by email (cool_zebras at hotmail dot com). Handmade, store-bought, gift cards, whatever. You'll get a lovely thank you here. If you can't participate but still want to donate something, that would be much appreciated as well.

Here is a lovely button you can put on you blog!
Photobucket
The code: I don't know how to do one of those cool boxes to lift the code from, so if you want the specific code shoot me an email and I'll send it to you.

Anything I'm forgetting?

So, who's in? Anyone?

12 people like me!:

Awesome Mom said...

I would but I am kind of supposed to be gaining weight right now lol

Minnesota Matron said...

Good luck, my dear! The Matron is a wee thing but she also works at it. "Just say no" might not work for pot but it's good for brownies :-). She knows you may be TOO YOUNG for that Nancy Regan reference but she couldn't help herself. Really - -good luck! Hope you get a crew along with you.

Anonymous said...

I will do it if you are able to get more people to participate!

Jaime said...

Good luck! Very creative idea! I track this stuff on SparkPeople but they don't give us any cool prizes!

Kate said...

Good luck with this. Great idea! I'd join, but my love affair with chocolate ice cream won't let me. :)

Jen S. said...

I'll join in! Sounds like fun!

Anonymous said...

Like Awesome Mom, I should be gaining, or well hopefully not too much.

HOWEVER, I would happily donate a design as a prize (for blogger or wordpress).

Pam said...

Am slacker - I meant to comment earlier but forgot. I'm in if it's still on (both as participant and prize donater).

Amber said...

I am totally in the weight loss challenge! Will get it posted on my blog here soon.

I don't know what I could contribute as a prize though. Will be contemplating that!

Sandy said...

I have no working blog right now, but I'll join in!

I suppose donating a Baker's Square pie would sort of defeat the purpose, huh?

Anonymous said...

I am in! I need to be reminded each week though for weigh-in. It is easier this way than the other challenge where I had to keep up with points.

Anonymous said...

I'm in! I can't think of anything I could donate, except maybe 3 kids?? lol. Like Corina I may need a reminder for the weigh-in. ;)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs