Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wearing Ms D

My new sling arrived on Friday so D and I tried it out at home. K took some photos for me: Hey, not bad for a 4-year-old. This one is really good (if you ignore the double chin from me looking down at K).

This is my first ring sling and I love it already. I'm realizing that the sling I bought when M was a baby nearly 6 1/2 years ago was, and always has been too big. I didn't know what size to order and I obviously ordered wrong. I still have used that sling with Baby D several times (on vacation when she was 3 weeks old to carry her around the resort, at the Minnesota Zoo, shopping) and she was comfortable enough to fall asleep. However, since the sling is too big she sits (or lays) too low on my body and after a short time my back would start to hurt.
I can tell already that this sling fits better and my back didn't hurt a bit carrying her around in the sling. And she loves it too. She snuggled right in when I put her in it last night.




Do you wear (or have you worn) your baby? Stephanie at Adventures in Babywearing and Nonny and Boo are giving away a sling. Win it and give it as a Christmas present or keep it for yourself!

12 people like me!:

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

That's a VERY pretty sling!!!

Steph

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Awesome Mom said...

Aww! I love my ring sling!!! I can't wait to use it again.

Kate said...

Love the ring sling! I wish I had gotten one of those when my kids were babies.

Kirsetin Morello said...

That last picture is so sweet it ALMOST makes me want another little one. Almost!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Cool. What baby wouldn't want to be wrapped up in one of those? Snuggle city!

Amanda said...

Aw, so sweet. I used a Bjorn with my first two, but with Fin I had two slings– Loved them!

Alex Elliot said...

I had a ring sling, but I just never got the hang of it. The parents and babies always look so cozy.

Anonymous said...

awwwwwww I miss wearing Ethan in the front!!!! so sweet to see them fall asleep like that! He is my back baby now and I never need pain relief! ha ha ha :P

Anonymous said...

I miss my sling!!! I really do!! I still have it -- it carried all four boys, and I wore someone all the time. It was so wonderful. When I went to the grocery store, I could keep one in the cart, and one in the sling. Thanks for posting this picture -- you look radiant.

Damselfly said...

Aw! Love that last photo especially (just because it's a closeup, not because you aren't in it!!!). I loved wearing Fly in my pouch sling when he was younger.

louann said...

Those are beautiful pictures! I especially love the last one =)

I can't wait to use mine =)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs