Thursday, May 29, 2008

Random Thoughts #22

Before I went in for my c-section I picked up a Target gift card to give to the winner of the baby pool over there in my sidebar still. The results were calculated by the site’s criteria and you can see the final results by clicking on the box. I just want you to know that I had nothing to do with the results. The winner has been given the gift card already. Shipping was pretty cheap.

Apparently I am allergic to the really sexy stretchy underpants that they gave me to wear postpartum in the hospital. Luckily the giant maxi-pad protected the really fragile girly parts so it is just my thighs that have the offending redness and blisters.

During the c-section the surgeon exclaimed “Oh! There is A LOT of scar-tissue in here Heather. This is going to take some work.” At which time I started to wonder how long I’d be laying there. Craig brought my iPod into the OR so if I started to freak out during the surgery I could listen to some Simon and Garfunkel. I didn’t use it, but it was nice to have it there just in case. This section actually took less time than my section when K was born, so go figure.

A big nyah nyah to the OB physician who, during my consultation, told me that it wouldn’t take any additional time to tie my tubes during the surgery and that I really should consider doing it so Craig doesn’t have to go for the V. During the section, the surgeon said…and I quote directly “Oh, it’s a good thing you didn’t want your tubes tied, I can’t even see your tubes there’s so much scar tissue.” So I’m guessing that yes, it would have added significant time to the surgery.

This same OB laughed at me when I mentioned that I didn’t think I’d know if I was having contractions since I couldn’t feel them with Miss M. “Oh, you’d know” he laughed, like I was an idiot. Actually, when I was getting prepped for the section, the nurse asked if I’d been having any contractions too and I said I didn’t think so, but I wasn’t sure. She kind of laughed too, until she hooked me up to the monitor and discovered that I was, indeed, contracting…and no, I couldn’t feel the contractions.

We took Ms. D for her first portrait session yesterday. Of course the baby who never cries, cried. But we still got some cute shots because, you know, she’s pretty cute. Craig went and bought a few preemie outfits for her since the newborn stuff is so big on her. The tags say “up to 5 pounds” but they fit her much better than the non-preemie stuff!


K is basking in the attention of his Daddy. It's going to be a long week next week when Dad goes back to work.


Miss M lost her other bottom tooth. I told her pretty soon she's going to look like D.

8 people like me!:

Pam said...

I also had a rash after my c-section, and I don't think it was those super-sexy mesh underwear - mine was a reaction to the betadyne, I think. Or the fact that I had to use nail polish remover to get it off! Glad all are home and doing well.

Anonymous said...

They are all cute to me! Amma

Mayberry said...

Ha -- hope the gift card winner shares the bounty!

S said...

cuteness and more cuteness!

Kara said...

You seem as content as Miss D looks.

Alex Elliot said...

Cute pictures! What's up with the ob?

Anonymous said...

Oh, the rash...yikes! But the kids...so adorable!

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! You breed well woman!!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs