Friday, April 11, 2008

Crazy Mom Rant?

Wednesday, Miss M went to a children's museum with her school. Three days during their breaks from school, they plan trips that the kids can go on. It's optional if you want to send your kid or not and I figure she's always up for an adventure instead of staying home with boring old mom so I sign her up. It's free and they usually take them to interesting places that I probably wouldn't take my kids without having Craig along too.

Well, when Craig picked her up from her trip that afternoon and brought her home I had just enough time to ask her how it was before I needed to be on my way to the dentist.

We went to Wisconsin Mom!

Wha?

The information on the sign-up sheet clearly says the Minnesota Children's Museum.

Am I wrong to be upset that I had no idea where my daughter was that day? That she was taken into another state without my permission or knowledge?

I asked about it when I dropped her off at the school yesterday before her trip to the Minnesota Zoo (or at least I think she was there). The girl there just laughed and said she wondered why the kids were asking why they were going to Wisconsin.

I'm thankful that the trips were uneventful and they arrived there and back safely. What if they hadn't? I, along with the rest of the parents, might have heard about an accident of a bus on the way to LaCrosse and tuned out because it couldn't be our kids...our kids were in Minneapolis. But they weren't.

I don't know, maybe I'm just hormonal, but it's been a couple of days and I'm still sort of steamed about it.

This is my child after all. There is only one Miss M and she's very precious to me. I don't like it when people mess with that.

8 people like me!:

Mayberry said...

I think it's bizarre! If the sign-up said MCM and they ended up deciding to go elsewhere -- that should have been clarified.

Unknown said...

OMG - Heather, as a (former) teacher, I can *not* believe this! You are totally right to be steamed. You should absolutely, without a doubt, be informed where they are taking your child on a trip! If I were in your shoes, I'd bring this up with the principal and/or the PTA and/or the school board.

Anonymous said...

I do not think you are being "hormonal" that would piss me off! I would totally be telling the other parents and talking to the principal!

Alex Elliot said...

I would be really annoyed too.

Sandy said...

That demands a STRONGLY worded letter to the principal, in my humble opinion.

Kara said...

I agree with Sandy. That was a HUGE mistake that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Mrs. Swizzle said...

I don't think I can add much to those who have already commented, but yeeshk!

You definitely need to find out what happened there. That's totally unacceptable.

Damselfly said...

Sheesh, I would think that's a security issue for sure.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs