Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Him

Ten years ago, I walked down a grassy, makeshift wedding aisle carrying two freshly-cut garden blooms. There was no music. Only a handful of eyes were upon me.

One set of eyes mattered.

They were blue and sparkling under long black lashes. They were above a smile that cracked cheeks into the deepest of dimples.
He cleaned up nicely, as I'd told him during the photos.

That was the first day of my life with my husband, although he was not yet my husband that day. But I think we both knew that there was something there, whatever it was, that would draw us together.

Whatever it is, it's kept us together.

Craig is either very smart or very tolerant. He lets me have my way most of the time. He lets me be a brat.

He seems to love me anyway.

And that, besides his giving spirit and his dimples, is why I love him.

Happy Birthday Craig.

9 people like me!:

S said...

Aww... That is so sweet.

Happy Birthday, Craig!

Anonymous said...

Totally sweet!

Happy Birthday, Craig!

Belle said...

Happy Birthday Craig!

I hope you can see the baby parts on the ultra sound. My Baby wouldn't stay still long enough to get a good look.

Don Mills Diva said...

Very sweet - Happy Birthday Craig!

Jeff and Charli Lee said...

Nice tribute. Happy Birthday Craig!

Sandy said...

He is a cutie, isn't he?

Happy birthday Craig.

ewe are here said...

What a lovely tribute.

I hope he has a Happy Birthday.

Pam said...

V. sweet.

But am I the only one who saw the title and thought you were having a boy? Gah.

Damselfly said...

You done good, chickie.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs