Monday, July 9, 2007

Dreams

As a kid I had some fanciful dreams. For quite some time the dreams involved Magnum.

P.I. that is.

Those blue eyes and flashing grin. The moustache (which I no longer care for) tempted to be tweaked. His goofy mannerisms.

The dimples, oh dear God, the dimples!

Of course it might have had something to do with the car as well.


Tom Selleck actually has aged pretty well, n'est-ce pas? Really, he looks much the same. And, as far as I know hasn't turned into a freak like another former crush the "Night Rider" has. (The "Hoff"? Seriously?)

Oh, my crush on Magnum went pretty far. It involved daydreams and stories of our "dates" at the drive-in.

It involved bringing a garbage bag full of home-popped popcorn. (Because, naturally, Magnum was frugal!)

The thing is, I was dumb enough to share this info with my Aunts (and, apparently, dumb enough to bring it up years later!) which, naturally, they thought was hilarious. (Come to think of it, it was pretty funny.)

I also remember thinking that my 8- or 10-year-old self would totally have a chance with Magnum. Um. Yeah. He's older than my Mom.

I could totally snag him now!

Editing to add link to CHBM's writing prompt about Childhood Dreams!

2 people like me!:

Belle said...

I had a similar crush on Superman (Christopher Reeve). I would dream that he would fly to my window and tell me he couldn't save the world without me. Then we would fly off and get married and have super human babies. This all seemed totally reasonable when I was 8 and surprisingly vivid, in a G rated way.

Heather said...

Oh yeah, Superman, baby blues, black hair...and that little curl on his forehead. Eight year old girls didn't have a chance!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs