Monday, March 5, 2007

I'm even more crafty...

A recent trip to the fabric store resulted in my daughter falling in love with the no-sew blankets and a piece of material. She loved this yo-yo print and was insistent that I make the blanket immediately. She had to wait, but when she woke up the next morning, she had her blanket. I made K-man's blanket the next day. It took about 3 hours to make M's blanket but K's took only an hour or so since I knew what I was doing. Then I branched out and made Miss M her hat:
Um, she was crying when I took the photo because it was sooooo traumatic to pose for a photo when an important cartoon is on.

I also made the kids some bean bags. M thought these were the coolest things ever...for about 3 days. Now? Not that thrilling. I even made patterns on a plastic table cloth ... the alphabet on part and just bull's eye patterns on the other part. The fun lasted for about 15 minutes with that. I will attempt to make this more fun tomorrow. It helps if mom gets off her butt and seems excited. The day I tried this the first time I wasn't feeling particularly motivated.

Next up, I'm going to attempt to make Miss M 2 shirts, a pair of pants and a pair of shorts. Pretty ambitious for me so we'll see if I can decipher the instructions on the patterns.

----------------

Miss M also participated in our church talent show yesterday. The cherub choir did a cute dance. I have video that I will likely subject you all to suffering through (if you choose to download). I had trouble uploading it tonight so you'll have to wait. I know, you're all on the edges of your seats.

----------------------

4 people like me!:

Kara said...

Those tie blankets are awesome and cute!! I didn't know that you knew how to sew clothing. Impressive!!!

Anonymous said...

i love the blankets!
sumedha

Damselfly said...

Wow, hats are tricky, and yours looks great!

Heather said...

cool name...

cool blankets!!

:)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs