Monday, January 8, 2007

Kindergarten worries

So this is the week that I'm supposed to hear if my daughter got into the "choice" school of my choice. Some of the moms in her preschool said they heard today that they got into their choice school today. It was a different school, but I'm already all stressed that I didn't get a call today.

And then I think, there's no reason to actually send her to kindergarten. It's not required. Couldn't I teach her what she needs to know? Truthfully, probably not. She craves the interaction with others. Mom is boring. Really, I don't know what I would be teaching her anyway, I'd be too distracted with her younger brother.

I really think this school I've "applied for" is the best for Miss M. I'm not sure what to do if she didn't get in. My husband says "[small town] public school it is!" I'm uncertain how I feel about that. Small town schools have their good points and negative points, as do larger city schools.

Why does this seem like such a huge decision?

I know in a year or two I'll look back and think "what were you all worried about?"

We all just want what is best for our kids, right?

1 people like me!:

Anonymous said...

heather,
i am just as uncertain about this whole process as everybody else! I just don't want her walking to pinewood with koby next doors-he picks on her way too much!
sumedha

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs