Saturday, August 5, 2006

More Grumpy...rather than Sleepy or Sneezy...

I was just realizing today that I've become a grump. I'm not sure what caused it, but it's really starting to get out of hand. When did I become the glass half-empty chick?

Okay, no, I haven't become a pessimist. Because, really that glass is half-full. The kids may be barfing, but hey, it could be worse. We're lucky we have 2 "healthy" kids. If an occasional stomach flu is the worst we have to go through, AWESOME! We're very lucky.

But it seems like it's the little things that irk me during the day. And they're really not worth getting myself upset over.

I get mad when the cashier doesn't thank me. (I use the self-checker at Wal-Mart to avoid this situation.) But, at the same time, if the cashier is too friendly and talkative, that irks me too. Same thing with general store employees. If they're friendly, I think "what's the matter with this person?" instead of just taking them as a friendly person.

Meet a new fellow Mommy at the park? If she talks to me, I have little to say...not neccessarily because I don't like her, but I'm just really crappy at making small talk. And that makes me cranky.

Things tend to get a bit cranky around our house too. I'm not sure when the negativity started to creep in, but it's here. And I know that good moods are as contagious as bad moods...

so I plan to try to make the good mood contagious.

Because I'm tired of being grumpy.

3 people like me!:

Mall Worker said...

I'm tired of being grumpy too! Though I know my grumpness is from lack of sleep!

I have the same problems making small talk like that too. I just don't know what to say in those situations!

Sandy said...

I've been the same way lately, and I swear it rubs off on my kids. I need to follow your advice instead of downing the rest of the glass...

Oh, and I am also really shy. If it weren't for Kurt, I probably wouldn't talk to any new person when I'm out in public.

Bonnie B said...

I've been grumpy too-- it must be the heat.
But the barfing won't last forever-- and in a couple of days you'll have a three week repreive from cramps-- Isn't motherhood great?

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs