Monday, July 17, 2006

photos from the party and misc party thoughts...

K:

M:

Cupcakes:

I'd post others, but they almost all have other people's kids in them, and I don't want to post their photos on the internet...

I tried to get these to post in the party entry...but I couldn't get them to load...so here they are in their own special post. Isn't that special??

I also finished the thank yous last night and they were mailed today. Ta-da! Done!

As I've been trying to get the kids' new toys out of the packaging, I'm struck again by the amount of wiring, etc that they use to secure toys in the package. Really, do they NEED to use 63 wires and 3 industrial-strength zip-ties to hold a plastic toy in a cardboard box? Wouldn't it be more cost-effective to put a clear plastic bubble over the open part of the box instead of using all this extra hardware? Don't they have kids? Have they ever tried to open something with an almost 4 and almost 2 year old hanging out waiting for their slow-ass Mom to get the dumb toy out???? Mooooommm! Isn't it open yet????? No, and if you ask me one more time you will have to go to your room for time-out! What??? I'm threatening time-outs for being anxious to play with a new toy??? Arghh. This heat wave needs to end. I'm getting extra cranky.

On a positive note, M and I spend an hour or so in my air-conditioned bedroom making necklaces and bracelets with some beads that a friend of hers gave her for her birthday. It was fun girl time. I'll have to take a photo of her wearing her creations tomorrow. She does not subscribe to the "less is more" philosophy.

2 people like me!:

Sandy said...

We're happy she liked the gift. Sorry for including the stuffed animal (we have waaaay too many of them), but Annika insisted on it.

Jaime said...

Kiana's cupcake was vaccumed out of her carseat after she fell asleep eating it. I transferred her to her bed while asleep and then since it was full of cupcake, too, I finally was forced to change her sheets. And yes, you wouldn't believe the things we let her eat in the car.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs