Saturday, July 22, 2006

The Divine Miss M

My baby girl officially turned 4 at 2:24 this afternoon. At that moment, she was intently playing her VSmile game. I have definitely created a videogame junkie. At least they're educational. Or something.

The last 4 years, on, or around her birthday, I have taken photos of her in an old outfit of mine. It's fun to look at how she's growing.

One year old:

Two:

Three:

This year:

Isn't she beautiful?? Snif snif...she's growing up on me!!

I got out her growth chart and marked her height. She's 42 and 1 quarter inches tall. K had to stand at her board too, and I noted he is about 3 inches shorter than M was at two.

M threw up last night and still had a 103 temp this morning, but was better this afternoon. We went to Leo's Pizza (think sort of smaller-scale Chuck E Cheese) with my Dad since everyone else (My Mom, SIL, brother, husband) was gone out of town for various things. We had fun just us four, but couldn't get K down from the climbing toy they have in there for about 10 minutes. He loves to climb up slides and ladders, but going down slides, not so much. We finally got M to lead him to a place where he could climb down instead of sliding. Not fun for my Dad and I to try to figure out how to get him down. I thought M would get a free mini pizza, but it turns out they stopped doing that. Drat.

M and I laid in my bed tonight after reading a couple of books. I sang "Happy Birthday" to her and she grinned the whole time. Then she gave me a giant hug and kiss.

Those moments make it worth it...

3 people like me!:

Jaime said...

Hmm... that begs the question.. what does K wear for his birthday pictures every year? :)

Do daughters really turn 4? I don't want to think about it!! Happy birthday to M!

Heather said...

Good thing his birthday is next Saturday...you're wait to see what he's photographed in is short.

What makes you think I don't photograph him in the same outfit????

Don't worry, by the time they turn 4, you've already mourned that they've turned 1, 2 and 3.

Heather said...

argh. Your wait. Not you're wait.

Now I look dumber than usual.

ARGH.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs