Thursday, July 20, 2006

Books: Part 2: My Toddlers' recommendations

M, as a toddler had only 3 books that she ever wanted me to read, and that she would actually sit still for. It is no wonder that they are very short, just like her attention span. I can still recite these books...

1. Can I Have a Hug? by Debi Gliori
2. Tickly Under There by Debi Gliori
3. Moo, Baa, La, La, La by Sandra Boynton

I guess she also had a book sent to us by an online Canadian friend that was just a bunch of pictures with words underneath that she also loved.

K's recommendations consist of 2 books:

1. My Big Truck Book by Roger Priddy
2. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess

The latter choice is pretty much every time he can convince his Daddy or I to take him up to our bedroom for M's bedtime reading ritual. He finds that book and somehow climbs up into bed saying "Sam!" the whole time. Then he'll grab it from you and turn pages to find particular ones: "On Train" "House" back to "Train." In general, he's loved this book since he was 18 months and has always sat (or laid down) through the entire (relatively long) book. M would NEVER have sat through a book that long even once at his age, let alone multiple times. Apparently there is just something about "Sam!"

And here's K, yesterday, after enjoying the Big Truck Book while on the potty, and actually going pee pee in the potty for the first time. (He's a big "reader" on the potty.) Yay!

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs