Thursday, June 1, 2006

My morning with Miss M...and other M musings

"Hey Mommy, come look at the bathroom!"

Why do I feel a sense of dread as I walk to the bathroom?

"Ta-da! -- it's all shiny, isn't it?"

hmmm. Sort of, probably underneath the bubbles. So I clean that up and try to use the bathroom for one of its major purposes.

M goes out, and then returns.

"Hey Mommy, I maked my bed. Is that cool?"

"Oh, sure is."

She leaves again.

Back-- "I maked your bed too! Is that cool?"

"Wow, thanks!"

She pulls up one of the little stepstools we keep in the bathroom to sit nearby.

"SO! How's that potty going?"

So I didn't want to get into that conversation.

LATER>>>

I'm weighing myself. (Why? I don't know why I torture myself!)

M comments cheerfully, "You're getting bigger, and bigger and bigger!"

"I know."

--------------------------------------------------------
Bunco (or Bunghole as my brother calls it) went pretty well. I got sufficient accolades for my culinary efforts, for my house and for my gift bags and their contents. All is good with the world.
----------------------------------------------------------

Was just thinking about another M thing. My Dad, who the kids call "Boppa," started calling M "Jose" for some reason awhile ago. She didn't think much of it, but would correct him and say "I'm not Jose, I'm M!" So a couple of weeks ago we were watching Sesame Street (hey, we live in the country...no cable, no satellite for us!). Anywho. On SS, Grover was visiting a place in Mexico where they were making pastries or something. One of the bakers was named Jose.

A little lightbulb went on in her head and she turned to me and emphatically said "Oh! So that's Jose!"

So, next time we went to visit Boppa and he called her Jose, she told him "No, Jose is on TV."

Cheers!

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs