Thursday, July 11, 2013

Time Marches On

No matter how hard I try to slow it down, time marches on.

Akela (our pup) on the right. Her mama on the left.
We got a puppy in May and already she has almost doubled in size. We went away for a week on vacation and came back to a much larger puppy. She stayed with her mama's family while we were gone. Then, this week, her mama came to stay with us. We had a small taste of having two dogs. It wasn't too bad, but the expense of having just ONE dog has been a bit of "sticker shock" to say the least. Today, we took our pup, Akela, to the vet for the second time. It was the first time I'd gotten "the room" since we put our cat down. It was unpleasant to be in the room. M thinks I'm kind of crazy for being sad, but I was. Feelings are feelings.

On our vacation we decorated and sent off sky lanterns in memory of those we have lost. We were at the lake and sent them off on the beach. Then I cried because I miss them all.

 I hired a personal trainer the last week of May. My weight has gotten out of control in the last 4 years or so and I needed help getting back on track. So far I have gained a lot of muscle, lost 9 inches over my body (including 5 at the belly button) and lost 10 pounds. I have a long way to go but I'm making some progress, which is better than gaining!

So as I write this I find out my friend's dad, whom I've talked with many, many times over the last couple of years, just passed away. I'm so sad that I won't chat with him any more. I'm sad for my friend and her kids. I'm just sad.

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs