Thursday, February 16, 2012

Who Goes First Solution

My kids can find the tiniest things to fight about. Lately it's gotten to the point that they'll fight over who has to brush teeth first or who has to take a bath or shower first. Needless to say, my husband and I were getting very tired of the constant bickering.

So I decided to take us parents out of the decision-making. If there is a dispute over who is going first or who has to do a task we no longer debate. We roll.

Introducing the Zebra kid selector die! It works out great for us because we have 3 kids and 6 sides on the die so each kid is on the die twice. Fair is fair!

I bought a 1 1/2 square wooden cube at a craft store, printed 2 small photos of each kid and glued them to the die with Liquid Fusion glue. Then I applied another layer of the glue on top of each photo to make it more durable.
Roll on!

1 people like me!:

mayberry said...

That is really smart! We do the even/odd thing (one kid's birthday is an even number, the other is odd, so whatever today's date is, that kid wins) but obvs. that doesn't work w. three kids!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs