Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Charmer

He's always smiling! He is so fun! I just love having him in class. I could get lost in those eyelashes.

My son is handsome. And charming. And a little bit of trouble. Or maybe a lot. I haven't completely decided yet. He's only 6 and can make girls and women of all ages eat out of his hands.

I wish I was exaggerating. I've often said he's lucky he's cute because he is so full of...life...that it is sometimes overwhelmingly frustrating. I've yelled at the boy more than I should because he works so hard at behaving at school that the dam breaks and he loses all control once he gets home (or even as soon as he gets in the car). It's hard to take some days. Some days I handle it better than others. I wish I handled it well every day.

Because he is so full of life. He is a happy kid. He is fun.

For a mom who is introverted and low energy he is overwhelming.

I love him so much.

He is different from me yet like me in the most frustrating ways. He won't go to sleep at night because his "mind is working so hard." It's sad how much I relate, even today. His first reaction to any question is a resounding "no" (as I've recently realized, so is mine).

This boy is charming but mostly unaware, I think, of his affect. Maybe. Though he has told me that he "can't help it" that all the girls like him. Miss M has confided that girls in her grade (3rd...he's in 1st) think he's cute because of his cowlick.

Heaven help us.

4 people like me!:

Kirsetin Morello said...

Oh, Lord. Good luck when he's 14!!

Anonymous said...

Love you, Mr K. Amma

Holly said...

I'm charmed just reading this post! It's working on me....

Madeline said...

Heaven help you for sure! He's certainly a cutie!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs