Monday, November 8, 2010

Some Things Are Very Wrong

There have been several things that friends and family have been going through lately and it stinks. I like boring and mundane for myself and those I love and care about. Stress is never fun, though I know that stress often is what we need to make changes, to get us moving. If no one was stressed about seeing a loved one deal with cancer, there would be no motivation to raise money, to find a cure.

The support of friends and family is invaluable. I've been in situations as a teen and as a young adult that I tried to handle myself. I'm afraid I didn't handle things as well as I thought I did. There was a trend on Twitter last week where people were tweeting advice to their 16-year-old selves. I would tell myself to ask for help. To tell someone I trusted what was happening, what happened. Some things remain a secret to this day. I'm not strong enough to confront the past and my role in what happened. I have forgiven myself though. I think. Or maybe not and that is why I continue to punish myself.

I have issues. I'm guessing you do too. It makes me feel better when I hear others say "I've been there." "I support you." "You're worth my time." So thank you to those who read and comment and support me in any way, no matter how minuscule.

**********************
Aaaaand, to lighten the mood, my mom bought my kids Aqua Sand kits yesterday. Is it just me or is there something very wrong with the design of the sand dispensers?


5 people like me!:

Pam said...

Lol! Its not just you, there is definately a design flaw going on there.

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry, who would have thought the dispensers would look like that!! Amma

mayberry said...

OMG!

You're worth my time, even without the scary photo :)

Awesome Mom said...

It is nice to know I am not the only one with my mind in the gutter :P

Life As I Know It said...

I've been there. I support you.

Hope you are okay :)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs