Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Strike Four

Our day yesterday was trying, to say the least. My Bigs have been fighting almost nonstop for weeks now. It stinks. We've held brainstorming sessions for multiple "problems"...all those problems that kids think are unbearable and excruciating. I thought we'd made progress but I was wrong.

I spent an hour reading books with my oldest, acknowledging the crap that growing up brings. Growing up is different for girls than for boys. It just is.

I'm pretty sure everyone, save for my husband, cried at least twice yesterday. We were all emotionally drained. We have also acknowledged how much we all love one another. It is hard to express much of the time.

We irritate those we love the most proportionally. Maybe.

My eldest is, I think, raging hormones earlier than I did. I try to explain that I was once an 8-year-old girl and this seems to comfort her for a bit.

I tell my kids how much I love them and contradict any attempts that say otherwise.

These are the most draining days. Emotions run extra high.

We had great talks and brainstorming sessions. We'll get better. I hope.

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs