- The 50th "Random Thoughts" seems like it should be really extraordinary. Too bad the very reason for the random thoughts posts is because I'm rarely extraordinary and often just random.
- My baby girl (don't tell me she's not a baby...I'm in denial) still does this adorable moan along with a caressing of her lovie every time she's tired. I want to get it on video before she stops doing it because I never want to forget the routine.
- I'm pretty sure my 8-year-old is really a 13-year-old.
- I worry that my kids will shut me out as they get older. It's really one of my biggest fears. If my kids don't feel they can talk to me I'll think I've failed at something in parenting. Thus far, my kids seem comfortable enough to ask me anything. And I mean ANYTHING. Lordy, some of these questions are hard to answer with a straight face.
- It is the start of the decorating season for the Festival of Trees. Every year I say it's going to be the last then we finish and I'm a glutton for punishment. It's also sort of fun once the stupid lights are done on the trees. I enjoy thinking of the themes and finding ornaments and hearing the reactions of people when they see the trees. If I could just come up with the ideas and direct the decorating without paying for the stuff and doing the work it would be really wonderful!
- I'm a little addicted to the games on my iPad. Love that thing.
- My kids are addicted to the iPad too.
- Maybe my husband is a little too.
- It's kind of funny that I've been writing this blog so long that my fingers naturally type the kids' psuedonymns even when I'm typing personal emails. I'm used to the shortcuts I guess.
- I'm going to ask for a delurking day soon. When I do, please, please consider commenting on that day so I can "meet" some more of my readers. I'm a really insecure writer. I need lots of encouragement.
- I watched the movie Dangerous Minds again last night. That movie inspires me. I should probably read the book too. **puts on her reading list** The really excellent teachers seem to have to fight against the establishment the most. (I'm very anti-establishment...ha ha.)
- Please, please let this cold go away. I enjoy having non-plugged ears and not having to blow my nose every two minutes.
Friday, October 15, 2010
Labels: random thoughts