Monday, September 13, 2010

The Weekend, In Avoidance

This weekend we were with my in-laws. My MIL, FIL, BIL, nephew, my BIL's girlfriend and her son. My in-laws' cabin in Northern Minnesota is not large. It's much larger than the cabin they had on the same property when I first met my husband, but it is still not what you would consider a palatial estate. So, whenever you get 11 people in a small space you're pretty much going to be miserable. Especially if you are an introvert who values alone time and space. ::cough cough:: ::me::

I knew going into the weekend sort of what to expect and I suppose my body did what it had to do to survive. We arrived late Friday evening and as the evening wore on my cold got progressively worse. I put Ms. D to bed and decided that my body really hated me. My cold got worse. I emerged from the bedroom only to say goodnight. Then I proceeded to blow my nose and toss and turn until about 4:30 a.m. when I finally fell asleep and slept until about 1 p.m. the next day. Good times! I think I was up for maybe 5 hours on Saturday before I fell asleep again. Then I was up until 1:30 again before I finally fell asleep again.

So. My body. Either a bitch or trying to spare me from the claustrophobia of 11 people in one tiny cabin. Something like that.

I woke up yesterday morning and blew a huge chunk of snot out of my nose, which is usually the indicator that the cold is nearing the end. (You're welcome for that visual.) I slept on the way home. I could breathe relatively well.

When we arrived home I made the kids' sandwiches for the week, put laundry away, picked out clothes for all three kids for the week, Craig got all kids bathed and fed...things are put away.

We are no worse for wear. My in-laws are happy.

That's what matters.

0 people like me!:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs