Friday, March 19, 2010

Random Thoughts #45

  1. Whenever I go out in the evening it takes me twice as long to wind down to sleep at night. Do I quit going out or resign myself to being a zombie the next day?
  2. I still watch old episodes of Who's Line is it Anyway? and laugh.
  3. I am incredibly lucky and grateful to have the family I have.
  4. Yay for my kids improving in school. I also planned with them to do some school things over their break time and they seem excited to do those things. Now if only their mother will follow through.
  5. Seriously, what is wrong with Bear Grylls? I know I've asked it before but he is seriously screwed up.
  6. Why do I watch his show? (I don't, very often, but obviously too often.)
  7. I love how temperature perspective changes here in Minnesota. The same temperature that has us donning our jackets in the summer and fall (60?) has us tossing the jackets aside in the Spring.
  8. It can always be worse.
  9. Our book club selection for this month is Giants of the Earth. I'm sure it's a wonderful book but ye gods! it's 531 pages. If I finish this one in time I expect a medal. Also? I'm half-way through Water For Elephants and I want to finish that one first so that is going to eat into my reading time for the current book club book. Pretty much I'm screwed.
  10. We're going to get new custom-made bathroom cabinets on Monday. Soon after the rest of our bathroom will get remodeled. I'm really, really, really excited. Also? I'm old.
  11. Is it bad that I enjoyed the slight bit of startle that one of my kids' teachers experienced when she realized we know another of the families well enough to joke very sarcastically with one another? I have really grown to enjoy this family a lot. When our remodel is done I think we should invite them to dinner. Whooo! Look at me all planning meetings with people.
  12. I'm thinking about my friend whose 22-month-old son is undergoing brain surgery this morning.
  13. I'm also thrilled that D has started talking more and more. Still not nearly as much as her sister at her age...and not as much as her brother either...but much more than she has and it is so fun to hear. She brings our family so much joy.
  14. Her sister and brother are so much fun too. They entertain me daily with their stories. They also frustrate me because they are so independent. Yes, I know it is a good thing. Yes. It is. But when they refuse to go to sleep at night (hmmm I wonder where they get that from?) and then are cranky in the morning (again, looking around innocently) it is hard. But these kids of mine are great kids and will do whatever they want to do, and do it well.
  15. Girl Scout cookie selling is over. Wooo hooo!
  16. I finally sold one of my notebooks in my Etsy shop. I have been slack about making and posting new items but I hope to get some new things done this weekend.

4 people like me!:

Anonymous said...

Lots of good thoughts!! Amma

Chelsea said...

Hope your friend's son's surgery goes okay.

I've thought about reading "Water For Elephants" you will have to let me know if you liked it.

Holly said...

I loved Who's Line. Wish I could find reruns of it.

The temperature perspective changes -- I get that too! What is it about that? In the fall, we're so quick to put on a jacket, and by the end of spring, we're like, "Meh, so what if it's 55 degrees?"

Jaime said...

I read "Water for Elephants" over spring break. First non-textbook I have read in about 2 years. I'll have to get some recommendations from you this summer and try to fit more books in. Let's steer away from 531 pagers though.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs