Friday, January 29, 2010

Aweigh Result and Prize Week 2

Here we are at the end of week 2 already! How are you all doing?


First, I should announce the winner of last week's prize. Random.org really likes Chels because it once again has chosen her comment as the winner! Enjoy your Starbucks!


So, this week I worked up to running more with the Wii Fit Plus. Monday I actually ran for 9 whole minutes straight...which is laughable to any runners, but is a step back in the right direction for me. Then, yesterday afternoon I totally lost my head and attempted to run for 20 minutes straight...and I actually did it. I wanted to kill myself at about 12 minutes in, but I stuck with it. The Wii said I ran 3.6 miles. I'm not sure how accurate that is, but that's better than I have ever done. Maybe I will actually be able to work up to running outside this Spring and run with my friend again without making a complete fool of myself (only half a fool maybe).

All week (except yesterday) I shared some soup with Ms. D and some tomatoes for lunch. I tried to not eat after 7 p.m. and was successful most nights. One night I had a stick of cheese because I felt like I was starving! I obviously was not really starving, but I suppose my body needs to adjust to taking in fewer calories. Here's hoping for even better resolve next week.


As usual, I'll post my results later after I weigh myself.


This week's prize is offered by Chelsea. Chelsea doesn't blog, but you can follow her on Twitter here. Chelsea is offering a $20 gift card to Target as our prize this week. If you're participating in Aweigh, please leave a comment with your results for this week and also tell us what you've been doing to help with your weight loss. Chelsea will choose a winner from those comments!


Thanks to everyone who has been posting encouraging comments.

7 people like me!:

Kirsetin Morello said...

Sounds like a great week. Congrats! And running for 20 minutes??? You'll be totally fine outside this spring--that's quite a run!

Heather said...

I lost 3 pounds! Yay! :)

mayberry said...

WTG Heather! We just got Wii Fit Plus recently - I am going to review it on my fitness site. Are you happy with it (I think it has some good updates)?

Heather said...

I do like it! It gives me a little more variety and I like that it tells how "intense" each activity is.

chelle said...

I went down a pound! But would rather not be in the pool this week. No target in Canada :(

You are doing so awesome with running. Starting off slow is the only way to go. Have you ever checked out the Couch to 5k program?

I am starting a food diary and adding to my workouts. I am insane but want this so bad.

HEY! I knit up a pair of Bella Mittens (I have blogged about them before I think) So I would like to contribute those as my prize if that is cool?!?! They are the sweetest mittens. This pair was suppose to finally stay here but I can knit yet another pair :)

Chelsea said...

Thanks Heather for the gift card! Even thought I can't win this weeks prize just wanted to say that I also lost 3 Ibs, which I am very surprised about since I only worked out monday night (walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes. But then again I have been eating less this week.

Pam said...

Oy - a week of traveling. I'm up 2.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs