Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Random Thoughts #42

  1. The antibiotics are working wonderfully. Even the residual phlegm and cough are beginning to subside. Health is a wonderful thing.
  2. I'm already overwhelmed with the Christmas preparations. I've usually already taken the holiday card photos by now and have the card at least partially designed. I'm panicking about this a little and at the same time I know I can whip up the card in one night once the photos are taken. Ack! The photos! Is there any worse torture than trying to get kids to take a decent photo for the Christmas card? I think not.
  3. Two of my kids are now sleeping commando per doctor's recommendations. I'm pretty sure she's created a couple of monsters who have learned a whole new way of life.
  4. I'm supposed to help in K's class again today. I'm looking forward to getting to know these kids better. I know a lot of the kids in M's class but I'm still fuzzy on K's classmates so far.
  5. M and K went to the dentist yesterday. They actually like going to the dentist. Are my kids completely weird? Craig and I decided we need to go to a pediatric dentist so that we get cheers and applause when we have no cavities, and also so we get to pick a prize when we're done. I'm thinking little bottles of wine would be a good prize.
  6. I have to visit the dentist this afternoon. It's usually relatively painless, but I feel chastised every time I go because I'm not doing everything I'm supposed to be doing. Story of my life.
  7. I'm becoming very good at procrastinating and pretending that I have nothing to do.
  8. How did it become November already?
  9. I appreciate all who emailed me about being a reader if I turned the blog private. I've decided to keep it public for now, but I'll keep your emails should I change my mind. Again.
  10. I actually finished reading the book for my book club way in advance of the meeting. (being sick helps with that.) I also finished another book while sick. And started another. Then quit that one because it was too bizarre for me. Then started another and am reading that one still. Except when I picked it up to read it I thought the author was female because the first name was Jan. Yeah. Not a woman.
  11. Baby D has a very thin threshold between crying and laughing. It's wonderful.

5 people like me!:

Unknown said...

I love how you embrace that thin line of D's between laughing and crying. Glad you're starting to feel better. Antiobiotics are goooood.

Chelsea said...

I hate the dentist too for the same reason that you do,last time I went the hygienist made me show her how I floss, it was a little awkward. What books have you finished/been reading?

chelle said...

I'm becoming very good at procrastinating and pretending that I have nothing to do.



HELLO! Me too ...

I so need to get Christmas started ... AHHHHH

mayberry said...

Is it weird that I'm curious about your doctor's commando command? Is it because they get too hot at night?!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

I am laughing so hard at the commando comment I can't comment on anything else- except to say that I am glad you are getting better!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs