Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Random Thoughts #37

  1. My son has already destroyed his "take-home" folder...two days into Kindergarten. There is a dime-sized hole right in the middle of the front. I wonder if that is a new record?
  2. I finally got back on the Wii Fit yesterday and ran, and did step aerobics. Then I got out my newly purchased EASports Active Personal Trainer and it kicked my butt. I was drenched in sweat, which was quite attractive. Then I was starving so I ate a cheeseburger and totally negated my workout.
  3. Ms. D started fussing when I was almost finished with my half-hour on the Wii Fit, so I picked her up and held her while I finished the last few minutes with some step aerobics. Her head started to bob and I thought she was just bopping along with the music, but really she fell asleep. New nap-inducer? Maybe I will lose all that weight I regained!
  4. Speaking of Ms. D, she finally cut her first tooth last weekend. 14 months old and 1 tooth! The sad thing is that I can see at least 3 more just under the gums. Hold me.
  5. Miss M started Brownie Girl Scouts yesterday. They learned first aid at their first meeting. "For all kinds of emergencies" she told me, with an emphatic nod. So there.
  6. After school yesterday, K's teacher stopped me and said that K "is doing wonderfully in class. He listens so well and he's a role-model for the other kids." I asked her if she was sure she was talking about MY son because MY son does not listen. She assured me she was talking about K-Man and she may as well have knocked me over with a feather. I told K that I was so proud of him and that it would be great if he could listen to me once in a while too.
  7. The cashier at Target yesterday told me she liked my hair cut. "You used to have really long hair, right?" I can only surmise that she remembers the K-Man because he always has to chat with the cashiers.
  8. I'm a little annoyed that the summer heat waited until my kids were in school to show up. ::shakes fist:: Mother Nature I am not amused!
  9. So far, I have been able to pretend that K is just at preschool and not really in Kindergarten. I'm thinking that I won't be able to delude myself much longer.
  10. Both M and K seem suddenly older.
  11. Packing two lunches in the mornings hasn't been too bad. Yet.
  12. Why are razor blades so effing expensive? No wonder my legs are hairy so much. I use the same blade for 6 months so I don't have to spend $2872 for 5 new blades.
  13. I do, however, shave my pits every day.
  14. You're welcome.
  15. I've been making some different cards lately that I like. Such as this set I made from copies of vintage coasters, and this card inspired by a joke my Dad used to tell, or this one for the sports nut in your life or this one that I just love the colors together. I have a few more that I'll be listing soon!
  16. I need to get back to scrapbooking.
  17. Maybe if I order prints of some of my photos I will start scrapping again. Maybe.
  18. Printer ink is Godawful expensive too.
  19. I just need to force the K-Man to sign his thank you cards and M to write hers to her friends, then we're done with the thank you cards. Er, after I address them all. (shoot me now)
  20. Is it wrong that I'm more excited to get out the karaoke machine we gave Miss M than she is? It is, isn't it?

10 people like me!:

louann said...

Packing two lunches everyday. Oh boy. I wonder how I will feel when I have to start doing that.

Yey for the first tooth!

susiej said...

School.... has started??!!!

mayberry said...

From 0 to 4 teeth in a matter of weeks - that child is an overachiever! (so are you, with the Wii Fit AND the EA Sports!)

Holly said...

Gasp, I totally save razor blades way too long too. And someday I'd love to go to a karaoke bar with you.

for a different kind of girl said...

Confession - sometimes when I'm at Target and new razors are on my list, I'll stand there aghast at how much they cost, and then I'll just walk away and leave them on my list for next time. Oh, summer is a very sexy time around here, except I often confuse sexy for hairy!

Heather said...

@FADKOG I did that very thing last week!

Kara said...

Ohhhh, funny! The razor thing....yah, I buy generic Target disposables. They do the very same thing as the expensive kind, except without the moisturizing strip.

Cynthia said...

Why are razor blades so expensive?

Stephanie Wilson she/her @babysteph said...

Oh dear- I wish Ivy was gumming. This girl has way too many teeth. And I really need to get a Wii.

Steph

Pgoodness said...

Yeah, what IS with the razor blades??

And if printing out the pictures gets you scrapping, let me know. I have a ton printed...still waiting for scrapping! :)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs