Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Random Thoughts #31

  • I'm looking for my sense of humor. It's not under the sofa (or davenport as my mom says) and it's not under the fridge. It's not behind the washing (warshing? ha ha more picking on my mom) machine either. I don't know what happened to it, but if you see it try to send it back here. Thanks bunches.
  • I really, really, really, really want my daughters to not hurt anymore. So, absent tonsils? Stop hurting M. Absent teeth? Stop hurting D. Carry on.
  • I was very proud of K yesterday. He was, for the most part, very good and didn't mess with his sisters as much as he possibly could have and normally would have. Pretty much clinches that he will be a big stinker today.
  • I learned that ear pain is a normal side effect of a tonsillectomy. Kids "think" their ears hurt when it's really their throats because the ears and back of the throat are so close together. Honestly, I could have lived without knowing that, but these are the things that comprise my life right now.
  • I find moms who have only one child or only younger kids who blame every bad thing that happens to their child on the "bad" older kid very tiring. Rarely is only one party to blame for things that happen. Also? One day you will have the older kid. They're still kids trying to figure things out even when they're a big 6-year-old, 8-year-old, 17-year-old. Heck I still make mistakes and do the wrong things and I'm *cough*cough* years old.
  • Ms. D is currently refusing solid foods for the most part. Again. I don't know how she's going to get higher on the growth curve if she doesn't eat. Maybe she's just not a baby food eater. Perhaps it is time to try more real people food and see if that works.
  • I have pimples in places there shouldn't be pimples. Apparently I am still 13.
  • I did something to my blog the other day and screwed up my pretty template that Chelle did for me! Dur! I probably shouldn't be allowed near a computer.
  • Remind me to adopt K's new Webkinz today so he doesn't lose his beloved Brownie.
  • I think we might try the online videos from the library today. Maybe. Or I may gnaw my arm off. Whatever. I'm sure it will be a lovely day.

9 people like me!:

for a different kind of girl said...

Online videos from the library?! I wish our library offered that service. We can now download audio books, but the selection stinks!

Remember the Webkinz! From one Webkinz mom (no...gah...grandma!) to another!

Awesome Mom said...

Evan help thinking that he needed to throw up after his pacemaker surgery because he was confusing the pain from the incisions with actual stomach pain. I hope your girls feel better soon!

...and she lived... said...

I hope your girls are feeling better soon!

My guy is into Webkinz too...and I sometimes secretly play their tetris game while he's sleeping.

Madeline said...

Hope everyone's feeling better soon!
About Ms. D, Levi refused baby food as well. He actually has only become a fan of food in the last few months (he's 15 months old now). The only foods he ever showed interest in were the ones on my plate. You might be on to something with trying out real people food.

Anonymous said...

oh dear ... I need a nap but once I am up I will try to look at your template. Email me if you want it back :)

It sucks that your girls are in pain :( Hope they feel better soon.

I am not a fan of blaming the older kid either!

Mayberry said...

My son was never a big baby food eater either. He wanted table food and not in baby-sized chunks either.

Hope everybody is feeling better by now. (I realize that's a big Hope.)

Cynthia said...

Ugh on the tonsils. Hope all are feeling better:)
Such a bummer about the template too. I always tell clients to back out the last thing you did before the change. It might help...

Anonymous said...

I accidently deleted my blogroll today. I still can't figure out what I did.
I hope the girls are feeling better soon!

Damselfly said...

Sorry about your template! It's so easy to mess things up, I know.

And I hope library videos do the trick. I think you're going to need that arm, so it's probably better not to gnaw it off.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs