Friday, January 30, 2009

Aweigh Results Show Week 1

Well, here we are ladies! The first week is soon to be in the books, er blog. How did you do this week? Did you stick with your changes that you were going to make?

I successfully made time to use the Wii Fit every day and exercised for at least 30 minutes every day. I tried to not snack after 9 p.m. however I was not successful every night. I was able to keep the snacks small though, so there is that. And I took the food scale out of the package. Then I used it to weigh mail.

Let's talk prize first. This week, one lucky participant who weighs in with the number of pounds lost/gained/no change and percentage weight loss will win a $15 credit to Sentimental Journey! I started Sentimental Journey almost a year ago following the Bloggy Giveaways. I discovered Etsy during those giveaways and thought it would be fun to try to sell my cards. I opened my account on Valentine's Day last year, uploaded my first items on the evening of the 19th and sold my first card on the 20th. It was such a rush to sell a card I'd made, to know that someone liked something I'd created so much they were willing to pay for it. Since then, I've added some other things besides cards and even sold some of them. I've sold some vintage items and tutus but I've also tried selling lovies and teethers, journals and tags. Every time I make a sale I get an instant smile on my face.

I also want to let you know what the grand prize is going to be! The grand prize is generously donated by Workouts Anywhere, an online personal training, fitness and weight loss blog. (You can follow on Twitter @eworkouts) They are offering a Silver Online Personal Training plan that includes pre-designed workouts, 80+ workout plans, exercise demos, over 2000 videos, printable workout logs, printable food logs and nutritional information on over 7000 foods. This prize is worth $89 and will help one lucky participant (who posts results at least 10 weeks) to continue on her weight loss journey.

Okay, on to the nitty gritty.

My results this week: -3 lbs. Yay! 1.3 % I think. How do you figure that out anyway? My brain is not working so well anymore. I took my # of lbs lost and divided it by my starting weight x 100.

Uh, well, I weigh myself before I get in the shower each morning, so I will post here with my results when I return from taking Miss M to school. I'm thinking it may not be pretty despite my efforts, but I'm already thinking about what I need to try next week.

Post here in the comments your results (# lbs lost/gained/no change and percentage weight loss or gain). You do not have to have lost weight to win the prize, so you might as well be truthful! The prize winner will be drawn on Sunday and revealed Monday.

11 people like me!:

Pam said...

Well, I lost either 1 or 2 pounds. When I weighed myself last night, I had lost 2 pounds. When I did it again this morning, I had gained one back overnight (and this was after I had peed, so that was aggravating).

I got on the treadmill once, so that didn't go to well, but I did make it through the grocery store without buying any treats or stuff not on my list last night. Small victories!

Sandy said...

A loss 2.2 pounds, which I believe is 1.1 percent of my starting weight (I think I did it right).

I would also like to point out this this was a short week (only 4 full days as opposed to 7 normally) so if you're not happy with your loss this week, you should see a vast improvement next week.

I'm right about this being a short week right?

Sandy said...

Oh, and Bikini? Go with the 2 lb. loss. That extra pound overnight was probably just water that you'll lose in a day or two again.

Anonymous said...

I lost 2 ibs and if I'm right the percentage lost is about 0.75%. As for goals the only one I didn't follow this week was working out 4 days a wk, I only did it once, but I still haven't had a pop yet and did eat a fruit with every meal.

Anonymous said...

w00t you guys are doing great!

*pregnant lady cheering in the back*

Jen S. said...

As I haven't had the means to weigh myself this week (except for at Kiddo's doctor appointment! lol!), I won't enter the prize contest this week- but I did get a couple of workouts in this week, and I've been making good progress towards eating healthier food.

Wouldn't you know, now that we have our Wii back, for some reason, my balance board isn't working??!!!!! So I can't use Wii Fit to weigh myself, either. My grocery store has a big scale you can stand on as you walk in. Maybe I'll go there to weigh in each week!

Amber said...

Everyone is doing awesome!!! Great job everyone!

This week I have lost 2 pounds. That is 0.76% of my starting weight I do believe.

I posted a more detailed entry on my blog.

Anonymous said...

does it count that i didn't weigh myself- but i did cut back on portions and snacking, i only had fruit after supper.

Anonymous said...

oh, that last one by anonymous was me- Sue

Anonymous said...

I stayed the same, but I did wakj at work everyday at lunch for 30 min and felt great Amma

Damselfly said...

Congrats on your weight loss! What a fun thing you are doing. If I wasn't pregnant, I'd join you.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs