Monday, January 26, 2009

Aweigh! Debut Monday

I will likely be posting twice on Mondays and Fridays for the duration of this challenge, but I will mark the Aweigh posts always with Aweigh in the title. The Aweigh post will be beneath my regular post. I know some participants said they'd need reminders to weigh-in. The best way to get a reminder would be to subscribe to my blog. There's a box over there in my sidebar to subscribe via email, or you can subscribe in a reader too.

Here we are at the start of the challenge! Are you all ready to lose together? I'm not sure if I am, but I do know that I need this support from others. I need motivation. I need accountability.

I need to not look like this anymore:

Gah! Sorry about your eyes there.


So! Post your starting photos and come here to give me your link and I'll link you here. If you don't have a blog and want to post your before photo, email it to me at cool_zebras at hotmail dot com and I'll post it here for you. If you don't want to post your photo, that's fine, but you still should take a before photo for your own reference!

Don't forget to weigh yourself this morning and note your starting weight!

What are you going to change this week to help you lose weight?

I am going to use my new Wii Fit every day for as long as my children will let me do it. I am going to stop snacking after 9 p.m. Oh yeah, and I'm going to get that food scale that I bought weeks ago out of the package.

Those are my goals for this week. Little changes. Little steps will eventually lead to bigger changes, right?

Another tip: if you find yourself snacking during the day (I don't have time so that's why I snack in the late night.) brush your teeth after every meal. Food won't taste as good and you'll be less likely to want to ruin your purdy clean teeth.

So! The prize this week? If you weigh in on Friday with your # of pound lost/gained/stayed the same and percentage of weight lost/gained you will be in the drawing to win a $15 credit to Sentimental Journey! Ha! I couldn't have a giveaway without having a giveaway from my shop!

Okay! So go write your posts and post your photos (if you want). Come back here and give me your link. I'll link here in this post. Tell me what you're going to change this week to help you on your way to a healthier weight. If you don't have a blog you can tell me here in the comments!

Bikini from Pantsfreesia

Amber from The Wannabe Domestic Diva

Here's Sandy's "Before" Photo:

Wendy at Fusspot

Guinevere's Thoughts on Nothing in Particular

There's still time to join if you'd like to!

10 people like me!:

Anonymous said...

I will be eating more fruits for snacks! Amma

Unknown said...

I came accross your blog just this morning...and I'd love to join your journey. I've already started my new healthy lifestyle, posting everything but the picture on my blog earlier this month...I have been looking for some positive support myself..too many around with the boo hoo I just can't do it mentality.
I hope I can be of support, encouragement to you and your followers...

Sandy said...

I'm planning to work out 6 days again this week, upping my treadmill runs from 10 to 15 minutes.

Also...Less SUGAR.

P.S. I will have Kurt take a photo of me today and I'll send it to ya.

Anonymous said...

w00t good luck everyone!

Pam said...

I've got my post up!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to eat at least one fruit at each meal, also going to try to work out @ least 4 days a week for @ least 30 minutes. I'm going to try to not drink any pop either this week, I've done it before and went 2 weeks without it!

Anonymous said...

i am going to try to stick to the portion sizes/amounts of food- i have had this posted on the fridge forever now, guess it's time to follow it. and not snacking after supper, unless it's fruit/veggies/nuts, something healthy adn not a gargantuan amount

Amber said...

Good luck everyone! I need to go and read blog posts now. I have mine up on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Ugh. I posted. With pics. Ugh again. http://fusspot.wordpress.com/2009/01/28/aweigh-we-go/

Good luck to everyone! I'm right here if you need to talk. :)

Kelsey said...

I LOVE MY WII FIT. It makes working out really fun, don't you think?

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs