Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The more the merrier?

In an attempt to get my older children out of the house and tired out I took the kids to the House of Bounce this afternoon. There was some sort of snafu that caused us to stand in line for 10 minutes or more since the girl behind the counter didn't seem to know how to change the paper on the cash register. So that part was fun:

Mooooooom? When are we going to get to go in?

Mooooom? Can we go in yet?

Mooooooooooooom? Can we just go sit over there by the bouncers?

At this point I was ready to shoot myself in the foot. It was our first time at the place and it was not making a great first impression.

Mooooom? Can we go in now?

We have to wait just like everyone else! (Oh dear God shoot me now!)

To make matters worse (better?) we've noticed old friends of ours as soon as we stepped in the door. Our friend's oldest child was born the day after Miss M which has bonded us from the beginning of our relationship. She adopted her oldest child, but has since had twin boys through an unexpected pregnancy. Her boys are now almost two years old, and it seems she is pregnant again. This time her baby is due in late February, a single baby, and she is a sister for her siblings.

I'm so happy for her family and she adds to the number of families I've heard adding their fourth child. Aaaand I start to get all jealous even though I have three beautiful, perfect children, one of whom is a scant 7 months old. Not to mention the fact that we are done having children. DONE. I have a child who is only 7 months old. What the hell is wrong with me?

Hi Hon!

I'm guessing for some of us sick, very, very, sick women that there is no end to the theory of wanting another child. In theory, really, the more kids the better, right? In reality? Probably not so cool.

7 people like me!:

Mayberry said...

I haven't even delivered #3 yet and I could so see that happening to me!

Awesome Mom said...

We are planning on 4 and I know it is going to be hard for me to stop there. It is hard to imagine never getting pregnant again even with all the ickyness that comes with it.

soccer mom in denial said...

If you don't feel like your family is finished, it isn't. Someone is missing so don't feel bad. I, however, felt like our family was completed when #3 joined us. I cannot envision anyone else in the clan.

So don't worry about what others think. Your family is yours!

Kate said...

I agree with SMID, when I had my second boy, I knew we were done. True, it was a little bittersweet, but I can't imagine adding another child into the house now at this point. As he gets older the farther away I get from wanting another child.

Heather said...

No, no, no, no, no! We are DONE. I do not have any more little ones waiting to be produced. We have nowhere to put any more children, and my doctors have told me that my factory is shut down.

Anonymous said...

I was so convinced after our last one I was DONE. DONE. DONE. ummm wait I am pregnant again ... not so done :P

anymommy said...

I absolutely felt like this after my last baby. He was maybe four months old and I would tear up when someone announced a pregnancy. IT WAS CRAZY. Course, I'm pregnant again, but it's our last. I swear it!! No matter how much longing I have to swallow!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs