Saturday, December 20, 2008

I don't mean to scare you...

If you had told teen aged me that when I was (such and such) an age I'd have 3 kids and I would post a photo of myself on the Internet in which I am wearing my glasses I'd have called you a liar. Yet here we are.

We had a snow day yesterday, a luxury for me these days because it means that I do not have to get up and get myself and 3 children ready to leave the house by 8 a.m. I strapped Baby D into her Baby Papasan chair and took my shower while the other two played in K's room. Once out of the shower I decided to wrap my hair like I do with Miss M's on occasion.

Then, because Miss M was supposed to have pajama day at school yesterday (which she was really looking forward to) we decided to have pajama day at home. Except I didn't actually wear my pajamas, but I did wear a velour sweatsuit that I try to never wear outside of the house. To me, wearing the sweatsuit outside of the house means I've really given up on looking decent. So, I wear the sweats when I'm not going anywhere. (Of course I could wear the sweats if I were going to the gym or something, but that hasn't ever happened.)

So this is how I end up looking like this at 9 p.m. on a Friday night. I'd just read Katie's post and enjoyed her self-portrait and thought I'd participate. Since I'd already posted yesterday I figured I'd take the photo right then and post today.
The meme rules, in case you're interested:

1) Take a picture of yourself right NOW!
2) DON'T change your clothes; DON'T fix your hair... Just take a picture.
3) Post that picture with NO editing.
4) Post these instructions with your picture.
5) Tag 10 people to do this.


And I stopped tagging people for memes (for the most part) a while ago...I wouldn't know who to tag for this one anyway. Just go for it if you want and be sure to tell me about it. I'll edit this post with your link then!

Kate at Eucalyptus Pillow

6 people like me!:

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous and not at all scary!
I haven't showered and my hair is mostly on one side of my a al combover. Yeah, I don't think so.;)

Mayberry said...

I have never mastered taking a picture of myself. At least that's going to be my excuse right now :)

I had a totally housebound day today too. Ahhhh.

Kirsetin Morello said...

The not-running-around-getting-ready part is the best part of a snow day, isn't it? But by 9PM, I think we all look a bit tired. I know I do!

Anonymous said...

You look fabulous!
I adore snow days!
My camera is all the way done stairs ... that is my excuse :P

Angi said...

Because I have only seen you smiling, this looks like a mad face to me :)

Kate said...

Oh I missed this post! I will have to participate. I'll take a picture right now and post tonight or tomorrow. And promise not to airbrush my dark circles.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs